Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Diversant is seeking a Business Systems analyst for 3 months with an extension to support a variety of activities critical to completing
time-sensitive project deliverables in the implementation Data Dash Boards
By the end of the 3 months, the business systems analyst will have contributed to the following deliverables:
• An improved dataset for our client's portfolio of conservation priority strategies and projects including their associated
• Improvements to the system that enables more effective and efficient reporting on summary spend and funding for
its conservation priorities, strategies, and projects.
• Prototype design for the system’s ability to capture and report on conservation measures.
Anticipated work activities may include the following:
• Review system data for accuracy, identify missing and inaccurate data and determine the actions needed to
improve the data accuracy.
• Perform data analysis on large Excel and MS PowerBI datasets and create insightful reports that help the project
team solve problems with the data.
• Build structured datasets typically including strategy, project, and/or cost center IDs, names, and descriptions to
facilitate data imports into the system, support data reviews, and assist in the creation of prototype online
• Create and/or update records in the system needed to facilitate effective and accurate reporting on conservation
strategies and projects.
• Draft instructions for field users on how to make data corrections and deliver on management requests for data,
including the clear and concise communication of business rules and development of supporting examples.
• Translate documented high-level business needs into detailed functional requirements for business process and
• Test usability and functionality of system enhancements and convey feedback on what works and what does not
• Create mockup/wireframe strategy management dashboards based on raw outcomes and measures data received
from conservation teams that will be useful to inform the design of online interactive conservation dashboards.
• Format and review presentations and supporting materials created for project stakeholders and business users.
Knowledge and skills:
• BS/BA in business administration or relevant field; MS/MA in a specialized business field will be an advantage.
• 3+ years of associated work experience.
• Strong ability to create pivot tables and charts in MS Excel.
• Strong data visualization and MS PowerPoint presentation skills.
• Ability to understand complex data models and dashboards
• Ability to understand data flows across multiple applications.
• Knowledge of diverse business topics such as IT, Finance, Marketing, and HR; knowledge of environmental
conservation or the social sector (e.g., health, education, poverty alleviation, etc.) will be an advantage.
• Knowledge of performance management systems will be an advantage.
• Intrinsic motivation and demonstrated prior activities to protect the land and waters on which all life depends will be
Problem-solving abilities and work characteristics:
• Ability to learn new and complex topics very quickly.
• Detailed analytical abilities.
• Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and recommend solutions.
• Ability to understand complex details yet keep things simple for themselves, fellow project team members, and
• Knowledge of various problem-solving techniques including the use of prototyping.
• Comfort in working with ambiguity.
• Ability to perform duties under minimal supervision.
• Ability to be assertive to gain clarity where needed.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
• At The headquarters in Arlington, VA.
Apply by creating/using an account
DIVERSANT (diversant.com) is one of the largest African-American owned IT staffing firms in the U.S. We offer rewarding career opportunities with many of the nation’s leading corporations. Our experienced recruiters understand what hiring managers look for in a candidate and provide our applicants with the proper support and guidance along the entire application and interviewing process. We offer opportunities on a contingent, contract-to-hire, and direct hire basis. At DIVERSANT, we are committed to providing the highest level of service and satisfaction to our customers, consultants, and employees.
DIVERSANT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, DIVERSANT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
WORK OPPORTUNITY TAX CREDIT
Diversant LLC participates in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our behalf. It is vital that you follow the steps listed below in order for the tax credits to be processed. We appreciate your cooperation. Please note participation in this program is voluntary and is a required part of the employment application process. Formal application steps should still be followed.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit Applicant Instructions
• Open https://tcs.adp.com/screen/index.html?cc=diversant
Note: To change the language on screen please select a language from the dropdown box
• Click on Continue to begin
• Please answer each question including electronically signing any applicable forms
• To complete the interview and save your work, please click eSign and Finish
• If applicable, upload any available supporting documents and click Continue