Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
What Project/Projects will the candidate be working on while on assignment?
VTHIX. This is for an Oracle Database Administrator supporting the VT OFE migration and additional Oracle upgrade CR project. This resource will work on the Middleware/Database administration team supporting the Oracle database implementation and migration from current DMZ environment to OFE enclave, which includes upgrading Oracle application components and associated integration.
IDEAL BACKGROUND: Oracle DBA with extensive Database and Data migration skills.
• Performing DB migrations from lower Oracle versions to higher Oracle versions
• Participating in binaries installation, DB builds such as DB creation, configuration, upgrades and patching activities
• Perform version change and migration related Database configuration
*** What experience will set candidates apart from one another? DB migration responsibilities and skills.
Part of team
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
· Performing DB migrations from lower Oracle versions to higher Oracle versions
· Participating in binaries installation, DB builds such as DB creation, configuration, upgrades and patching activities
· Providing ongoing operational support for Databases in all application specific environments (Dev to Prod)
· Assist in manual and automated application code deployments (DDLs and DMLs)
· Conducting performance tuning to maintain system stability (using Oracle RDBMS tools)
· Troubleshooting to capture incident data and analyze for root cause issues
· Serving as a team player by working with colleagues and clients to identify and address overall system problems as needed
· Participating in 24x7 on-call rotation with other colleagues on a weekly rotation basis
· Influencing management to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches as appropriate
· Perform refreshes
What software tools/skills are needed to perform these daily responsibilities?
· Datapump EXPDP/IMPDP data migrations
· RMAN restores/refreshes
· Oracle Dataguard (Standby) creation and troubleshoot
· DB creation and configuration (script way as well DBCA)
What skills/attributes are a must have?
· Experience with Data migrations (RMAN restore, EXPDP/IMPDP)
· Experience with Database RMAN backup/recovery skills (TSM/TDPO/DDomain)
· Experience with Capacity management (space utilization, archive/purge data)
· Exposure to monitoring and creating alerts in OEM
· Understanding of job scheduling
· Experience with User Security/Administration
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
· Experience with VM Ware is plus
· Experience with other DBMS platforms such as SQL Server, MySQL etc. is a plus
· Willing to share knowledge and learn new concepts (cross-train) with colleagues
Where is the work to be performed? (Please list preferred Health Care Company facility, if other please specify i.e. remote work, rural, etc.).
Health Care Company facility (preferred) or remote work (optional). Please list candidate's preferred location at the top of the resume.
What are the work hours? (ex. 9am-5pm, day/night shifts, rotating shifts, etc)
What type of interview process is preferred? (Face to face, phone, Skype, or a combination of the three)
Phone, Face to Face (optional)
Apply by creating/using an account