Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Full stack developer – Microsoft Azure and .NET
Client is leading a customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building on the strength of the nation’s largest and most diverse competitive power portfolio. A Fortune 250 company, we create value through reliable and efficient conventional generation while driving innovation in solar and renewable power, power on the go, electric vehicle ecosystems, carbon capture technology and customer-centric energy solutions.
Within Clients is the “Power on the Go” group which develops, supports and markets a network of kiosks that vend power packs to charge mobile phones.
The “Power on the Go” team is looking for a hands-on full stack .NET developer with Azure experience. This position will maintain their cloud-based backend .NET system as well as the individual kiosk systems that run .NET stacks. This role involves developing and deploying feature enhancements and improvements for the “Power on the Go” platform, as well as supporting and monitoring the production Azure infrastructure to ensure uptime and scalability.
In addition, this role is responsible for advising on strategic infrastructure choices, establishing standard operating procedures, and creating custom reporting for the “Power on the Go” cloud infrastructure.
The “Power on the Go” team is a small scrappy group, where all players wear many hats. Therefore, the person in this role is expected to be a “utility” player that can leverage a broad skillset beyond just coding, to include website support, application support, PC configuration, troubleshooting and unit testing. Interpersonal skills and flexibility are important as well for being part of this cohesive, dynamic team.
• Design and code new features (within both the front end UI and backend infrastructure), document new code and debug existing code for our “Power on the Go” platform
• Serve as a responsive system administrator, responsible for system uptime, troubleshooting, incident management/resolution, and version/release management
• Ensure implementation and maintenance of operations procedures and tools such as process control points, reports, and automated monitoring.
• Act as the primary information technology resource on a cross-functional team, proactively providing suggestions, evaluating options and remaining abreast of current technologies/practices for delivering a robust and stable “Power on the Go” platform.
• Collaborate with team members and operational groups to identify and prioritize/reprioritize work when necessary.
• Interact with external entities: service providers, product vendors and kiosk customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree favored with experience in both front-end, back-end and server-side technologies
• Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills. Official description on file with Human Resources
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 2-3 years experience writing, supporting, and deploying software in a modern .NET stack (C# / ASP.NET MVC / SQL Server)
o Windows batch scripting experience would be useful
o KnockOutJS experience would be beneficial
• Current experience in the Microsoft Azure ecosystem including deploying, maintaining and monitoring Microsoft Azure infrastructure assets
o Knowledge of Azure microservices (specifically Azure Functions) is a plus
• SQL skills required for delivering on reporting requests
o SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) familiarity would be useful
• Experience with Git for software deployments and repository is desirable
• Able to operate within and structure development around Agile methodology
• Experience with SignalR and real time web applications a plus
• Experience with PC configuration and website support a plus
• Experience with mobile applications a plus
• Experience with maintaining PCI-compliant systems a plus
Apply by creating/using an account