Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Senior Java Developer
6-9+ months contract
Where is the work to be performed? Preferred locations – NJ and Chicago
• Strong hands on experience in Java Spring (Spring Boot and Spring Batch) integration projects.
• Expert in application integration technologies such as REST webservices along with XML, JSON and Multi-threading concepts.
• Cloud experience is advantageous (AWS).
• Fluent in traditional databases (SQL, Oracle etc.) with data modelling and data architecture concepts.
• Proactive, self-directed, detail-oriented, independent worker with strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong Java, Spring family of frameworks, SQL, PL/SQL
• Experience with developing applications running on UNIX or Linux.
• Experience with messaging middleware (e.g. JMS, Tibco RV etc.)
• Experience in working within a co-located/distributed development team.
• Design solutions and proof of concepts (POCS)
• Experience with IDEs like Eclipse and RAD
• Experience with Version control systems (SVN, GIT etc)
• Experience in working with databases (JDBC, Hibernate or other ORM frameworks)
• Quickly develop solutions with little or no oversight. Need to be a self-starter, resourceful.
• In depth involvement in the business requirement analysis.
• Day to day monitoring of all efforts related to designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of decommissioning applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value
• Deep and hands on understanding of the technologies involved in the project.
• Use best practices in development, processes, methodologies, tools and technologies.
• Provide technical guidance and direction to team members.
• Identify risks and develop risk mitigation plan.
• Coordinate the team communication and provide mentorship to technical resources.
• Interact with management and provide status reports
• Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
• Troubleshoot production support issues post release deployment and come up with solutions. Ability to solve complex production issues
• Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of experience in information systems development
• 4+ year of strong hands on experience in Java Spring (Spring Boot and Spring Batch) integration projects.
• Java and Spring MVC
• Good knowledge in Java/J2EE/Java script based applications
• 3+ years web application development experience
• Angular JS knowledge
• Code quality and code review
What are the top 5-10 responsibilities for this position? (Please be detailed as to what the candidate is expected to do or complete on a daily basis)
Must be very advanced in Java, Spring
Programming and Development is the core focus
Working in a very small team for advanced programming work with very little direction
What skills/attributes are nice to have?
Big data, object storage
Apply by creating/using account