Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Product & Project Manager
Duration: 6-12 month contract to hire.
Location: Newark, NJ
Target Start Date: ASAP
Years of Experience: 7 + years
Right to hire: Yes
Contact: Brian Anderson
Scope of Work:
PGIM Investments is a distributor of asset management capabilities to retail investors intermediaries. We offer a diversified suite of actively managed funds across a broad spectrum of asset classes and investment styles. We are dedicated to helping clients look after their toughest investment challenges—whether it's capital growth, reliable income, or protection from market volatility and other risks.
The PGIM Investments Technology organization is seeking a seasoned Product & Project Manager who will manage multiple cross-functional product/service development programs by providing: guidance and leadership to manage schedules and plans, develop and implement process changes, and coordinate cross-site technology and product development. Projects and responsibilities may include: developing strategic initiatives, new services and capabilities, creating sales and marketing technology growth strategy, and building a play book of best practices to optimize project and product management. This role features extensive interaction with managers across Sales, Operations, Marketing, Technology, Fund Accounting and other key teams providing wide visibility across the organization.
· Responsible for cross unit strategic initiatives framework and organization
· Set strategic direction and translate cross-divisional, integrated product/program strategy into an efficient executable plan ensuring rapid and effective decisions can be made
· Partner with business and technology sponsors to understand the direction and needs of key work efforts as well as the current processes in order to identify and recommend improvements
· Organize interdepartmental activities to ensure completion of assigned projects within scope, on schedule and within budget constraints
· Strategic planning and execution of all aspects of product development including establishing product roadmap alignment between Product Management and Development organizations
· Communicate effectively across the organization to ensure that the team is completely aligned to the business objectives and can do the job effectively
· Build strong inter-personal relationships with peers and other key stakeholders that can help smoothen execution, identify new opportunities
· Identify project risks and prepare mitigations and contingency plans
· Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of project milestones and deliverables
· Identify and communicate resource constraints to senior management
· Prepare project updates for governance meetings and clearly communicate status in written documents and presentations
· Interface with management and influence decision-making, monitor slippage, gaps, risks or areas for innovation/acceleration and develop strategies to realign and navigate the team through internal governance for projects.
· Identify and drive innovative process improvements with significant organizational impact.
· 7 - 10+ years of Project Management and/or Product Development experience managing cross-functional project teams
· A proven track record of delivering multiple projects on-time, on budget and within scope
· Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines
· Influence skills that truly build commitment, cooperation and high performance
· Demonstrated and strong leadership and management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Understand project objectives and able to communicate objectives to project stakeholders
· Develop comprehensive project work breakdown structures and schedules
· Utilize standard project management software (e.g., Microsoft Project®, Excel®, Word®, PowerPoint®, SharePoint®) for project planning, control and reporting
· Experience creating and actively managing integrated timelines and budgets
· Experience in wireless and mobile phone market a plus
· Experience in the Financial Services industry a plus
· Related industry certifications (PMP, CSM) a plus
Apply by creating/using account