Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
We currently have a 1 year assignment for a Data Visualization Developer
Location: Newark, NJ
Years of Experience: Intermediate 4-6 years
Right to hire: Yes
12 months contract to hire
The person in this role will report to Enterprise Information Management Data Visualization Lead and will define and offer guidance on best practices in support of business intelligence community.
He/she will work with business partners to understand the data and recommend data integration strategies; develop intuitive designs and build enterprise dashboards to enable actionable insights.
· Deliver best in class business intelligence solutions and provide thought leadership and technical consultation to various customers the team supports.
· Analyze, study and understand business domain data requirements, user task flows and objectives and create pixel perfect design solutions for visual data delivery and analysis.
· Develop multiple prototypes, mock-ups and conceptualization of ideas that bring simplicity and context to complex design challenges.
· Identify and evangelize design best practices in data visualization that promote user friendly solutioning and high quality products.
· Oversee and curate various project deliverables to ensure adherence to initial design and best practices.
· Provide technical guidance and support for various points of integration with other technologies and mobile capabilities.
· BA/BS in Data Analytics, Info Systems, Info Management, Computer Science
· 3-5 years relevant experience in Business/Data Analysis
· 5+ years of product implementation, system integration or development experience
· Highly proficient in Tableau; knowledge of Cognos and Power BI is a plus
· 3+ years of experience with Tableau Server installations, configuration, and administration
· Strong technical background with complete understanding of data warehouse modeling, architectures, OLAP, OLTP data sets, etc.
· 5+ years experience joining and blending multiple data sources and file formats
· Experience writing SQL queries
· Experience working with APIs
· Excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task and work collaboratively
· Proven ability to work well with technical and non-technical staff across numerous areas.
· Comfortable learning new technologies rapidly
· Consistent problem-solving ability with acute attention to detail and sharp analytical skills
· Must be able to clearly document functional requirements and technical solutions
· Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily and to motivate others to do likewise
· Team player with a positive attitude, and excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
· Someone who takes a proactive approach to problem solving
· Ability to work in a challenging environment handling issues in a calm, professional manner
Apply by creating/using account