Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Agency: Information Technology Services (ITS)
Is this a Project or Program specific request (e.g., Connections, SFS)?
If yes, please list the Project or Program Name:
OFT000000000047 - HUTS Replacement
Please provide a short description of the project:
The RRSM project will result in a solution that will address the business transformation of three core business functions and the development of a modern, web-based application and reporting system for Homes and Community Renewal's Office of Rent Administration (ORA), the Tenant Protection Unit (TPU), and the General Counsel's (GC) office.
Please provide a full listing of the day to day tasks to be performed by the Consultant (be descriptive and specific):
• Use recognized business analysis methodologies to elicit requirements from IT staff and business users
• Facilitate and lead requirements sessions with IT staff and business users. Record and capture information/action items from these sessions.
• Efficiently communicate the business process requirements to IT staff, business users and stakeholders.
• Develop and document business requirements using defined template and standards. Develop, analyze and revise system diagrams (flowcharts, state diagrams, strategy maps, etc.) as needed.
• Provide guidelines, reviews and support to developers and other analysts creating unit tests and integrating them into the build cycles.
• Develop test cases and test plans based on documented requirements
• Review test results and provide guidance to testers.
• Host testing discussions with representatives of all test teams. Identify, document and help resolve road blocks.
• Help keep test processes streamlined for efficiency.
• Develop the test scripts, run the tests and document the output of the tests in Client ALM. Generate reports on the results of the tests.
• Track and document changes for functional and business requirements and test scripts, as needed, based on approved scope changes, elaboration/clarification needs, and/or testing results
• Ensure that requirements and deliverables are verified and validated at each phase of analysis and testing.
• Create and/or utilize status reporting mechanism to monitor the status of the above activities
Which Service Group is required?
Service Group 1. STANDARD TITLES
What is the number of staff being requested?
(maximum of 5)
Which Job Title Category is required?
Which Skill Level is required?
Which Skill Demand is required?
How many Candidate Response Forms are being requested per Contractor per position? (1 or 2)
When is the Target Start Date?
(30 Business Days minimum from date of request)
How long is the engagement? (in months)
When is the estimated completion date?
Is this a Full or Part-Time Position (Full time is considered 40 Hours Per Week)?
If Part-Time, enter approximate number of hours per week:
What are the daily work hours? (note if negotiable or list preferred start and end time):
Start Time 8:30 AM End Time 5:00 PM Monday - Friday
Where is the Home Base Region?
Region 1 - Capital Area
Where is the work office located? Enter Building Name (if known) Full Street Address, City, and ZIP
38-40 State Street, Hampton Plaza, Albany, New York, 12207
What type of software is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is an "IBM shop.”)
Client ALM, Client QC, Client UFT, Microsoft, SharePoint, SQL Server, Oracle, .Net, M204, Power Builder, OPA
What type of hardware is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is a "Client shop.”)
All HW at CNSE and managed by ITS
Position Mandatory Qualifications
- Manages small to medium-scale business analysis work or projects with distinct deliverables to a solution
84+ Months: Candidate is able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field
84 Months of experience planning, designing, developing, and executing test plans and test scripts based on business requirements and functional specifications.
84 Months of experience coordinating, tracking, and analyzing testing activities.
84 Months of experience using functional and performance test tools.
60 Months of experience in using Client ALM Tool for both manual and automated testing.
60 Months experience working on large scale Business Project, as lead Analyst and Tester.
60 months experience working as the Lead Business Analyst on projects on which s/he utilized recognized business process management methodologies (e.g., elicitation and documenting of business process requirements, business process modelling, As-Is and To-Be workflow development and gap analysis, UML etc.) to define and analyze current business processes in order to remodel/design the new process and improve on the existing ones.
60 months experience with internal and external stakeholder communications and outreach, including the development of presentations and other materials that promote the rethinking of core business processes and envisioning of a reengineered environment.
60 months experience with the facilitation of multiple project teams to gather and document business process requirements
Additional Information Requests:
Are there additional security requirements for the Authorized User?
Mandatory ITS Security Agreements and Fingerprint-based Background Check.
Will additional training possibly be required during the Engagement?
If Yes, provide description of anticipated training.
Candidate will attend all NYS and agency mandated training programs, including information security and section 110-a compliance, workplace tolerance, and harassment prevention course.
What type, or manner, of Knowledge Transfer is requested during the engagement?
Build Docs and configuration Changes must be documented. Knowledge Transfer will be required utilizing presentations and mentoring of State Staff. Candidate must be able to communicate clearly and precisely to a team of subject matter experts who must benefit from extensive knowledge transfer during this engagement. Agency staff will become largely independent and self-sufficient during this engagement through weekly meetings during the project. At the end of the engagement, a transition meeting will be required to review any open items for the project. A list of open tasks must be submitted and reviewed during the final transition meeting
Is travel anticipated during the Engagement?
If Yes, please list anticipated frequency and locations for travel:
Estimated frequency of travel for the duration of the contract - 10 overnight trips $500 -= $5000 20 Day trips $150 = $3000
Apply by creating/using an account