Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Agency: NYS Department of Health
Is this a Project or Program specific request (e.g., Connections, SFS)? Project
If yes, please list the Project or Program Name: Managed Care Cost Report Conversion for OHIP
Please provide a short description of the project: Managed Care plans have a statutory requirement to file Revenue, Expense and Utilization data to Department of Health (DOH.) DOH must supply the cost report software to the plans for completion. In addition, DOH is responsible to set Medicaid/Medicare rates for the plans for some of the programs. The cost report data is also used in the Risk rate methodology.
Creation/Enhancement of Software used to collect, submit, view, and extract data regarding managed care costs and statistics to be used for various purposes including setting Medicaid rates.
Please provide a full listing of the day to day tasks to be performed by the Consultant (be descriptive and specific): The Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to; writing and modifying Oracle database procedures and functions to support the applications (including coding, testing, and implementation); understanding and translating historical data, now in Sybase, to Oracle; Preparing technical and user documentation.
Which Service Group is required?
Service Group 1
What is the number of staff being requested? (maximum of 5) 1
Which Job Title Category is required?
Which Skill Level is required?
Which Skill Demand is required?
How many Candidate Response Forms are being requested per Contractor per position? (1 or 2) 1
When is the Target Start Date?
(30 Business Days minimum from date of request) 11/17/2018
How long is the engagement? (in months) 24
When is the estimated completion date? 11/16/2020
Is this a Full or Part-Time Position (Full time is considered 40 Hours Per Week)? Full Time
If Part-Time, enter approximate number of hours per week: N/A
What are the daily work hours? (note if negotiable or list preferred start and end time): 8:00 – 4:30 (Negotiable)
Where is the Home Base Region?
Where is the work office located? Enter Building Name (if known) Full Street Address, City, and ZIP DOH
Empire State Plaza
What type of software is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is an "IBM shop.”) Oracle and Oracle converting from Sybase
What type of hardware is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is a "Client shop.”) Microsoft; Linux
Position Mandatory Qualifications
- Experience in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures, or business applications and products that run on those platforms, beyond that of a Programmer. The Authorized User may seek Specialists in the following areas (list is not exhaustive):• Backup and Recovery• Security
Expert Level: 84+ Months
Candidate is able to provide leadership of teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field. Pass/Fail
84 Months Experience interpreting physical database models including experience with relational database concepts such as indexes, primary/ foreign keys, and constraints using Oracle version 9i or later.
84 Months Experience creating database objects such as Tables, Indexes, Views, Sequences, Primary/Foreign keys, Constraints and Triggers.
84 Months Experience in using ORACLE programming tools (SQL Plus, PL/SQL, SQL Loader or other ORACLE database programming tools).
84 60 Months Experience writing, optimizing, and troubleshooting dynamically created SQL within procedures.
60 Months Experience in database optimization
60 Months Experience in database analysis and design.
85 36 Months Experience working with Sybase.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a comparable field
Additional Information Requests:
Are there additional security requirements for the Authorized User? Yes, the consultant will need a driver's license or non-driver identification card in order to apply for building and suite access cards.
DOH Confidentiality agreement and network access permissions are required for these positions.
Will additional training possibly be required during the Engagement? Yes
If Yes, provide description of anticipated training. • ITS staff will provide orientation and guidance so that the contractor can get an understanding of the applications they will support and the environment in which they will work.
• Program staff will provide informal user training so that the contractor can get an understanding of the applications from an end user perspective.
• The NYS Governor's Office of Employee Relations (GOER) sets mandatory training requirements that must be completed by full-time, part-time, seasonal, per diem employees, and contractors. Examples include but are not limited to: Security Awareness, Preventing Sexual Harassment and Preventing Workplace Violence. By taking these courses all state employees will be informed of important policies and procedures that affect day-to-day operations and interactions to achieve an overall better workforce and environment.
• There may be additional Department of Health (DOH) and/or Office of Information Technology Services (OITS) agency-specific mandated training.
What type, or manner, of Knowledge Transfer is requested during the engagement? Prepare documentation and conduct formal/informal training sessions in order to effectively transfer knowledge in the areas needed for on-going support of applications and projects. For example, the knowledge transfer may include, but is not limited to:
1. Prepare Word documents, process diagrams, etc.
2. Maintain and explain procedural documentation for administrative functions and testing procedures.
3. In some cases step-by-step instructions may be required.
4. Explain the documentation, expand and revise the documentation as requested to further enhance the documentation's usability and understandability.
5. Train State staff and other contractors such that State staff and other contractors can effectively and efficiently provide support.
6. Periodic mentoring/training sessions may also be required for effective knowledge transfers.
Is travel anticipated during the Engagement? No
Apply by creating/using an account