Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Agency: Information Technology Services (ITS)
Is this a Project or Program specific request (e.g., Connections, SFS)? Yes
If yes, please list the Project or Program Name: 000000000012491 DMV Modernization
Please provide a short description of the project: Agency is looking to hire a consultant to work with staff as a lead QA Tester providing guidelines, support to developers and all testing activities for this project.
Please provide a full listing of the day to day tasks to be performed by the Consultant (be descriptive and specific):
Operating under the direction of ITS staff.
1. Provide guidelines, reviews and support to developers and business analysts creating unit tests and integrating them into the build cycles.
2. Manage teams performing testing activities, including UI automation, integration testing, performance and scalability testing
3. Develop Test cases per the Business Rules in order to direct others on testing requirements.
4. Review and provide guidance on the test scope and output of testers performing testing
5. Facilitate, record and capture information from demos and user experience sessions.
6. Create status reporting mechanisms to monitor the status of the above activities
7. Host integration discussions, with representatives of all test teams, identify and help resolve road blocks
8. Ensure that requirements and deliverables are verified and validated at each testing phase and final acceptance
9. Prepare test protocols and reports which meet regulatory requirements, during the final test cycle
10. Help keep test processes streamlined for efficiency
11. Be the primary advocate for the adoption of methodologies which are appropriate for the project.
Which Service Group is required?
Service Group 1. STANDARD TITLES
What is the number of staff being requested?
(maximum of 5) 1
Which Job Title Category is required?
Which Skill Level is required?
Which Skill Demand is required?
How many Candidate Response Forms are being requested per Contractor per position? (1 or 2) 1
When is the Target Start Date?
(30 Business Days minimum from date of request) 11/28/2018
How long is the engagement? (in months) 24
When is the estimated completion date? 11/27/2020
Is this a Full or Part-Time Position (Full time is considered 40 Hours Per Week)? Full Time
If Part-Time, enter approximate number of hours per week:
What are the daily work hours? (note if negotiable or list preferred start and end time): 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
Where is the Home Base Region?
Region 1 - Capital Area
Where is the work office located? Enter Building Name (if known) Full Street Address, City, and ZIP A. Harriman State Office Campus B5 , Albany, NY , 12226
What type of software is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is an "IBM shop.”) Micro Focus formerly owned by Client ALM/QC and UFTSQL and DB2
What type of hardware is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is a "Client shop.”) All HW at CNSE and managed by ITS
Position Mandatory Qualifications
- Develops and maintains user and technical documentation and project process documentation for Application Teams- Understand the user's view of applications and /or technology and are able to put procedures in a logical sequence
84+ Months: Candidate is able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field
84 Months direct hands-on experience as the lead project tester. Experience must detail team leadership responsibilities.
84 Months of experience planning, designing, developing, and executing test plans based on business requirements and functional specifications.
84 Months of experience working with at least three of the following industry leading test tools: IBM Rational Test Suite, Micro-Focus/Client QA Suite, Smartbear QA Suite, Katalon and/or Microsoft Testing Suite. Experience must include the design, build, coding and execution of automated test functions.
84 Months hands-on experience in creating SQL queries to validate correct back-end processing.
84 Months of experience in using MicroFocus/Client Application Lifecycle Management/Quality Center.
84 Months of experience creating user test scripts and managing User Acceptance Testing.
Additional Information Requests:
Are there additional security requirements for the Authorized User? Mandatory ITS Security Agreements and Fingerprint-based Background Check.
Will additional training possibly be required during the Engagement? Yes
If Yes, provide description of anticipated training. Candidate will attend all New York State/GOER and Agency mandated training programs, including Internal Controls, Prevention of Workplace Violence, Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security
What type, or manner, of Knowledge Transfer is requested during the engagement? During the term of this assignment, knowledge transfer from the consultant/project team to State employees will be mandated. The knowledge transfer plan will be determined by the State Project Manager in collaboration with the selected contractor according to the specific program needs.
Is travel anticipated during the Engagement? No
Apply by creating/using an account