Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Assignment Number: RCI-ITCS4-4292
Agency: DOT - DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Assignment (Project) Name: N/A
Work Location: NY, NY
Scheduled Work Hours: 35 hours/week
Assignment Start/End Date: Immediate start
Total Estimated Assignment Hours: 21 months
Functional Job Title Senior Application Developer
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Perform detailed application design, coding and unit/integration/performance testing.
· Build and integrate with RESTful APIs.
· Perform configuration management, continuous integration, version control, testing and document management with tools such as AWS, Docker, Git/GitHub, RSpec, Cucumber, Travis, PivotalTracker and Jira.
· Refactor code for performance.
· Build secure web applications with user authentication and role-based access control.
· Own full life cycle of development for a component of a product or system.
· Develop/integrate Geographic Information System (GIS)-based services based on ESRI, Google, MapBox, and Open Source GIS solutions.
· Be responsible for technical quality of the implemented code base and fully understand the implemented design.
· Understand and follow Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes in a structured environment, including Waterfall, RUP and Agile development methodologies.
· Work closely with architects, senior developers, business analysts and development teams for design, development, testing, implementation, and support of application projects.
· Participate in software testing process, including identification and resolution of defects.
· Participate in and contribute to formal/informal technical reviews and presentations.
· Explore new ideas and initiatives that encourage innovation.
· Take inputs from reporting manager(s) and appropriately apply comments/ feedback.
· Accurately estimate time required to complete development tasks.
· Collaborate with diverse teams.
· Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
· Proactively initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
· BA/BS Degree or equivalent, in a technology related field or other degree preferred.
· 3 to 6 years of total experience in object oriented design, development, testing and deployment of mission critical business applications, at least 3 of which are in a web/client-server environment.
· Experience with configuration management, continuous integration, version control, testing and document management with Open Source tools such as AWS, Docker, Git/GitHub, RSpec, Cucumber, Travis, PivotalTracker and Jira.
· Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
· Experience in GIS tools and map integration (LeafletJS, MapBox, ESRI ArcGIS, Google, Bing, Pictometry, and OpenGeo).
· Experience in Wireless/Mobile /Disconnected architecture/applications.
· 2+ years of relational database design, normalization, PostgreSQL.
· Experience in all phases of SDLC and standard SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, RUP, Agile/Scrum to deliver client solutions.
· 2+ years of exposure to application lifecycle management tools for configuration management, version control and testing (GITHUB).
· Experience in UML/Rational tools or other design tools.
· Strong analytical, decision-making and problem solving skills.
· Good communication, presentation and leadership skills.
· Team player who can establish excellent working relationships with peers and other teams.
· Technically proficient in more than one language and platform.
· Expertise and knowledge of building large-scale information systems.
· Experience in GIS tools and map integration.
· Experience in Wireless/Mobile/Disconnected architecture/applications.
· Application design expertise with large workflow management systems.
· Working knowledge in Business Intelligence and Decision Support Systems.
· Entry-level certifications and/or training in application development.
· Prior experience in federal/state/local government projects.
· Prior experience in working with asset management system development
Apply by creating/using an account