Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Agency: Information Technology Services (ITS)
Is this a Project or Program specific request (e.g., Connections, SFS)? Yes
If yes, please list the Project or Program Name: PRJ020315 Grants & Licensing (GL) IT Portfolio Program/Projects – Department of Agriculture and Markets (DAM) Food Safety Modernization Project.
Please provide a short description of the project: GL IT Portfolio program delivers multiple public facing solutions, using cutting edge technology, and providing seamless user experience. The DAM Food Safety Modernization Project is to develop a mobile and web application for the entire government (state/federal) food inspection process from scheduling an inspection to recording the results of the inspection to tracking and potentially litigating any penalties.
Please provide a full listing of the day to day tasks to be performed by the Consultant (be descriptive and specific):
The consultant will be performing Formal Project Management tasks including, but no limited to:
• Work closely with the project's business functional areas involving DAM executive and business teams, GL/ITS Leadership and technical teams to develop and manage the project scope and other project management plans, approach, resource requirements and allocation, schedule, deliverables, and funding.
• Provide leadership and direction to the GL program's project teams on day to day project tasks.
• Develop the program's formal project plans specifying goals, strategy, dependencies, scheduling, identifying risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
• Follow the standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation for all projects being managed within GL program. IT Portfolio.
• Identify, schedule and manage project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
• Assign tasks and responsibilities and drive accountability to project team members.
• Direct and coordinate complex business requirements deliveries, business process reengineering and organizational change activities.
• Direct and coordinate activities of project resources to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
• Track project-related costs and expenditures.
• Facilitate large project governance and executive status meetings, project team status meetings and recurring agile meetings by defining agendas and running meetings effectively.
• Aggregate status updates from project team members, track schedules, and manage risks and issues as required.
• Prepare executive project status reports and keep the team and management informed of project status and related issues, resolving and escalating as necessary.
• Manage scope and the change request process, coordinating decision process of scope and budgetary impact of changes from original specifications.
• Track and maintain project and technical documentation.
Manage and maintain project information in ServiceNow IT Service Management (ITSM) system, ITS/PMSS system of record for all services.
Follow established Secure System Development Life Cycle (SSDLC).
Which Service Group is required?
Service Group 1. STANDARD TITLES
What is the number of staff being requested?
(maximum of 5) 1
Which Job Title Category is required?
Which Skill Level is required?
Which Skill Demand is required?
How many Candidate Response Forms are being requested per Contractor per position? (1 or 2) 1
When is the Target Start Date?
(30 Business Days minimum from date of request) 11/9/2018
How long is the engagement? (in months) 24
When is the estimated completion date? 11/8/2020
Is this a Full or Part-Time Position (Full time is considered 40 Hours Per Week)? Full Time
If Part-Time, enter approximate number of hours per week:
What are the daily work hours? (note if negotiable or list preferred start and end time): 8:00 A.M.-5:00P.M.
Where is the Home Base Region?
Region 1 - Capital Area
Where is the work office located? Enter Building Name (if known) Full Street Address, City, and ZIP Averell Harriman State Office Campus 1220 Washington Ave. B5 , Albany, NY , 12226
What type of software is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is an "IBM shop.”) Microsoft Project Microsoft Office 2016 (including SharePoint, Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) Windows environment, Client ALM, etc.
What type of hardware is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is a "Client shop.”) Windows, Linux, IOS, etc
Position Mandatory Qualifications
- Overseeing projects comprised of multiple deliverables- Delegating and coordinating of tasks- Project status, meetings, scope changes, issues
84+ Months: Candidate is able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field
84 Months of Experience as project manager managing multi-phased IT projects with multiple teams of at least 75 core team members and over 150 stakeholders, involving multiple business teams and IT team members from different IT organizations and agencies/ businesses.
84 months experience developing and executing project plans including management of Charter, Scope, Schedule, Cost, Quality, Communication, Change, Risk, Issue, Resource management plans, and managing complete project management lifecycle from initiation through closeout.
84 Months of Experience in developing and managing formal project schedules in Microsoft Project, including tracking progress and variances against project schedule baselines following the Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid methodologies. Using scrum sessions and other project status meetings to update the project schedule and to track progress against planned activities and tasks. Presenting project schedule/status updates to Executive Staff and project teams.
84 months experience developing, writing and managing detailed Scope Document, reviewing project deliverables and managing the deliverables acceptance process. Using the project scope and deliverable management process to manage the project change request process.
72 months experience with project quality planning, quality assurance, end-to-end system testing, quality control, UAT defect and metrics management, and quality governance.
36 Months of Experience managing and leading multi-phased, multi-agency, high-visability IT projects in a State, Federal, or large city government setting.
60 Months of Experience in facilitating and documenting complex business requirements and creating business analysis artifacts such as Business Requirements Documentation, Functional Specifications, and Requirements Traceability Matrix.
36 months post-PMP project management experience implementing business process reengineering and organizational change management projects.
Additional Information Requests:
Are there additional security requirements for the Authorized User? Mandatory ITS Security Agreements and Fingerprint-based Background Check.
Will additional training possibly be required during the Engagement? Yes
If Yes, provide description of anticipated training. Candidate will attend all New York State and Agency mandated training programs, including Information Security and Section 110-a compliance, workplace tolerance and harassment preventio courses.
What type, or manner, of Knowledge Transfer is requested during the engagement? Consultants are expected to provide knowledge transfer to unit staff as part of their duties; including mentoring state staff, sharing of methodologies, forms and customs commensurate with the activities being performed, preparing process documentation, etc.
Is travel anticipated during the Engagement? No
Apply by creating/using an account