Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Agency: Office of Children & Family Services
Is this a Project or Program specific request (e.g., Connections, SFS)? Yes
If yes, please list the Project or Program Name: Child Care Facility System (CCFS)
Please provide a short description of the project: The Child Care Facility System (CCFS) will continue to meet the needs of the Division of Child Care Services (DCCS) throughout, 2022 The Division seems to be moving in some new directions due to changing priorities as well as the dictates of changing statutory and regulatory requirements.
1. Modifications and new features within CCFS to support the new CCDBG regulations. Some of the anticipated areas affected are serious injury reporting, background checks, safety assessments, and inspections for Legally Exempt programs.
2. Changes within CCFS to support integration with the Child Care Provider Online Process project.
3. Potentially will be developing an integrated public child care web search incorporating both CCFS facilities and NYC Group Day Care programs
4. Development of an Enforcement component of the system
5. Development of a Pre-K indicator and potentially a web service with NYS DOE
6. Redesigning the renewal training component of CCFS, including the creation of a web service to interface with the Aspire system operated by CUNY.
7. Continuing the re-write of the application into .Net from PowerBuilder. This effort has been ongoing, but is a multi-phased project that is expected to span multiple fiscal years. The current projected completion date is 2022.
8. The Legally Exempt portion of CCFS will need to undergo rather extensive enhancements, to accommodate issues identified from user experience and Federal mandates coming to bear on the NYS subsidy program.
This position is for a 24-month period and will provide OCFS-IT support with skilled resource needed as well as follow the structure and standards to ensure better quality of service to the user community. Due to the ever-changing Legal Mandates the system continues to require enhancements and updates. Without this resource the unit's ability to respond to the users' needs would be compromised and the quality of the solutions would be affected. The unit's ability to meet Mandated Changes by the effective date would in most cases be highly delayed.
Please provide a full listing of the day to day tasks to be performed by the Consultant (be descriptive and specific):
1. Assume the role as Lead Technical Architect
2. Work with Business Analyst on analysis and logical design
3. The individual in this position will work under the direction of a Project Manager.
4. Perform writing of complex stored procedures/triggers in an Oracle database utilizing PL/SQL
5. Responsible for designing and implementation the new .Net mobile application as efficiently as possible with minimal user impact.
Which Service Group is required? 1
What is the number of staff being requested?
(maximum of 5) 1
Which Job Title Category is required? Technical Architect
Which Skill Level is required? Expert
Which Skill Demand is required? High
How many Candidate Response Forms are being requested per Contractor per position? (1 or 2) 1
When is the Target Start Date?
(30 Business Days minimum from date of request) 8/28/2018
How long is the engagement? (in months) 24 months
When is the estimated completion date? 8/27/2020
Is this a Full or Part-Time Position (Full time is considered 40 Hours Per Week)? Full Time
If Part-Time, enter approximate number of hours per week: N/A
What are the daily work hours? (note if negotiable or list preferred start and end time): 8:00 – 5:00 (negotiable)
Where is the Home Base Region? Region 1
Where is the work office located? Enter Building Name (if known) Full Street Address, City, and ZIP 49 4th Street
What type of software is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is an "IBM shop.”) Agency is a Microsoft shop
What type of hardware is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is a "Client shop.”) Various
Position Mandatory Qualifications
-Technical expert centered around a technology, technologies or a portfolio of applications
- Designing and implementing Information Technology solutions
Expert 84+ Months - Candidate is able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
(84) months experience managing/leading projects – as a Microsoft .Net Technical Architect lead - comprising of at least 5 team members
(84) months experience with BizTalk Server.
(24) months experience designing and developing mobile application solutions.
Microsoft Certified Professional Developer, Web Developer.
Microsoft Certified WEB Application Developer with MS .Net Framework 4.
Additional Information Requests:
Are there additional security requirements for the Authorized User? No
Will additional training possibly be required during the Engagement? No
If Yes, provide description of anticipated training. N/A
What type, or manner, of Knowledge Transfer is requested during the engagement? Providing training, knowledge transfer (written as well as verbal) to client staff on best practices, programming techniques supporting the development of mobile applications.
Is travel anticipated during the Engagement? No
Apply by creating/using an account