Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Is this a Project or Program specific request (e.g., Connections, SFS)? No
If yes, please list the Project or Program Name: N/A
Please provide a brief description of the project: Primary IT Site Support - supports the ongoing operation of personal computing devices, applications, and network resources in the NYS Veterans Home Montrose NY location; ensuring the standardized, efficient, and reliable operation of the facilities PC, network, server, and Long-Term Care environment.
The 200+ staff working at this location require onsite technical support for server oversight, access to NYS Veterans Homes mission-critical applications, backup and recovery, email access, office automation tools, network file and print support, desktop configuration, IT training and conference support.
The candidate will serve as a dedicated and versatile IT resource and independently provide training and technical support for the agency's employees located in the NYS Veterans Home in the Montrose NY area.
Please provide a full listing of the day to day tasks to be performed by the Consultant (be descriptive and specific):
Daily Tasks will include but not limited to the following:
1. Monitor/oversee the local technical environment to ensure proper functioning; ensure that server backups are routine and reliable; network infrastructure, power backup systems operational.
2. Work with agency, ITS Portfolio, Field Services and ITS Enterprise Operations to ensure timely issue reporting/resolution
3. Support the end-user desktop environment, including ensuring automated updates of PCs and laptops via central operations occur, to ensure a virus-free working environment.
4. Manage user accounts in a Microsoft Active Directory environment to monitor user's access rights to NYS Veterans Homes mission-critical applications, including processing User Access requests and Office 365.
5. Understand, implement and support NYS Veterans Homes and NYS IT Information Security Policies as well as NYS Veterans Homes specific regulations regarding confidential data, enforcing them office-wide.
6. Respond to all incoming help calls as they are received and ensure the issues are reported and monitored using HelpDeskSA and ITSM/ServiceNow when applicable.
7. Provide technical assistance (person-to-person) to all end-users and hands-on training to user groups tailoring training session to the needs of the work unit.
8. Provide hands-on and remote class instruction, enhance and develop training materials as necessary. Provide technical assistance to end-users and Administrative facility staff.
9. Develop/update clear and concise documentation for use by end users regarding supported software used by the office/facility and/or business procedures for the organization and/or work unit.
Which Service Group is required?
What is the number of staff being requested?
(maximum of 5)
Which Job Title Category is required?
Which Skill Level is required?
Which Skill Demand is required?
How many Candidate Response Forms are being requested per Contractor per position? (1 or 2) 1
When is the Target Start Date?
(30 Business Days minimum from date of request)
How long is the engagement? (in months) 24
When is the estimated completion date? 7/1/2020
Is this a Full or Part-Time Position (Full time is considered 40 Hours Per Week)? Full Time
If Part-Time, enter approximate number of hours per week: N/A
What are the daily work hours? (note if negotiable or list preferred start and end time):
Where is the Home Base Region?
Where is the work office located? Enter Building Name (if known) Full Street Address, City, and ZIP NYS Veterans Home at Montrose
2090 Albany Post Rd.
Montrose, NY 10548
What type of software is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is an "IBM shop.”) Windows Desktop, Windows Server, Microsoft Office, ADL Long Term Care application
What type of hardware is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is a "Client shop.”) Dell, Client, Client
Position Mandatory Qualifications
Experience in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures, or business applications and products that run on those platforms, beyond that of a Programmer
The Authorized User may seek Specialists in the following areas (list is not exhaustive):
Backup and Recovery
Senior – 60-84 Months
60 Months Demonstrated technical experience in end-user desktop trouble-shooting and support.
24 Months Demonstrated technical experience providing support for an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system in a healthcare environment.
48 Months Demonstrated experience with internet-based teleconference, video-teleconference equipment, and GoToMeeting administration/support.
48 Months Demonstrated experience supporting the Microsoft Server operating system, including backups, creating/administering user accounts & Windows permissions.
36 Months Demonstrated experience in understanding and enforcing confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA/HITECH Law in a health/human service setting.
Bachelor's Degree or higher in an IT-related field.
Additional Information Requests:
Are there additional security requirements for the Authorized User? HIPAA Confidentiality agreement
Will additional training possibly be required during the Engagement? We are occasionally mandated to train through our SLMS system.
If Yes, provide description of anticipated training. N/A
What type, or manner, of Knowledge Transfer is requested during the engagement? During the term of this assignment, knowledge transfer/sharing from the consultant/project team to State employees will be mandated in accordance with specific program needs.
Is travel anticipated during the Engagement? No
Apply by creating/using account