Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Information Technology Services (ITS)
Is this a Project or Program specific request (e.g., Connections, SFS)?
If yes, please list the Project or Program Name:
Juvenile Justice Information System (JJIS) – NYC Closer to Home Initiative
Please provide a short description of the project:
The Division of Juvenile Justice and Opportunities for Youth (DJJOY) Juvenile Justice Information System's Close to Home module (JJIS-CTH) is a web-based application using .Net technology. As an adjunct to the state's child welfare system, JJIS-CTH tracks juvenile justice youth placed with NYC Administration for Children's Services (and potentially other local district social services departments) under the Close to Home initiative. The system allows for tracking facility movements and placement information not included in the child welfare system. Phase 2 of the expansion effort for will include:
1. E-mail notifications.
2. Additional reports.
3. Interface with Client GOALS data system.
4. Interface with Client Legal Tracking System (LTS) data system.
5. Interface with OCFS Automated Restraint Tracking System (ARTS).
6. Youth Level of Service (YLS).
7. Integration of new data elements currently tracked manually
8. Enhancements to the Juvenile Detention Automated system to allow Client to replace their old mainframe system CJIS.
This request is for a 21month period. The impact of not approving this request is a lack of a resource dedicated to the full-time effort of creating the new Closer to Home application.
Please provide a full listing of the day to day tasks to be performed by the Consultant (be descriptive and specific):
1. Work in coordination with a team of developers to expand the current system.
2. Work with Business Analyst on analysis and logical design.
3. Perform unit testing and correct all identified bugs.
4. Perform complex VB.Net coding in a CSLA environment.
5. Assist with responding to Juvenile Justice and NYC data requests.
6. The individual in this position will work under the direction of a Technical Lead/Project Manager.
7. Perform writing of complex stored procedures/triggers in an Oracle database utilizing PL/SQL
Which Service Group is required?
Service Group 1. STANDARD TITLES
What is the number of staff being requested?
(maximum of 5)
Which Job Title Category is required?
Which Skill Level is required?
Which Skill Demand is required?
How many Candidate Response Forms are being requested per Contractor per position? (1 or 2)
When is the Target Start Date?
(30 Business Days minimum from date of request)
How long is the engagement? (in months)
When is the estimated completion date?
Is this a Full or Part-Time Position (Full time is considered 40 Hours Per Week)?
If Part-Time, enter approximate number of hours per week:
What are the daily work hours? (note if negotiable or list preferred start and end time):
8:00 – 5:00 (negotiable)
Where is the Home Base Region?
Region 1 - Capital Area
Where is the work office located? Enter Building Name (if known) Full Street Address, City, and ZIP
52 Washington , Rensselaer, NY , 12144
What type of software is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is an "IBM shop.”)
Agency is a Microsoft shop
What type of hardware is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is a "Client shop.”)
Agency utilizes VM Ware
Position Mandatory Qualifications
- Analysis, design, coding, component and assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team- Maintenance (including production support), enhancement and development work- Write application software, data analysis, data access, data structures, data manipulation, databases, design, programming, testing and implementation, technical and user documentation, software conversions
84+ Months: Candidate is able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field
84 months experience developing .net web applications
72 months experience developing applications utilizing .Net 3.5 or above.
72 months experience writing and developing Web Services or WCF.
72 months experience developing N-Tier applications.
36 months experience developing applications utilizing CSLA.
84 months experience with PL/SQL writing packages, stored procedures and triggers.
24 months experience with Team Foundation Server.
36 months experience utilizing Model View Controller (MVC)
48 months experience design & deployment of complex SQL objects and relational databases design.
Additional Information Requests:
Are there additional security requirements for the Authorized User?
Mandatory ITS Security Agreements and Fingerprint-based Background Check.
Will additional training possibly be required during the Engagement?
If Yes, provide description of anticipated training.
What type, or manner, of Knowledge Transfer is requested during the engagement?
Documentation will be up to date at all times in TFS and SharePoint. A weekly review will be a means of knowledge transfer.
The Programmer may be asked to educate various staff on coding practices, SQL queries & validations, etc.
Written knowledge transfer may be required as needed.
Is travel anticipated during the Engagement?
If Yes, please list anticipated frequency and locations for travel:
Apply by creating/using account