Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Agency: Information Technology Services (ITS)
Is this a Project or Program specific request (e.g., Connections, SFS)? Yes
If yes, please list the Project or Program Name: Juvenile Justice Information System (JJIS) – NYC Closer to Home Initiative
Please provide a short description of the project: As an adjunct to the state's child welfare system, JJIS-CTH tracks juvenile justice youth placed with NYC Administration for Children's Services (and potentially other local district social services departments) under the Close to Home initiative.
The system allows for tracking facility movements and placement information not included in the child welfare system This on-site support accelerates a caseworker's ability to successfully use the new application properly, increases the likelihood of user acceptance and results in fewer case documentation errors. The staff person hired for this project will be responsible for learning JJIS for Close to Home (CTH), and for developing and delivering training and assistance to support the successful utilization of this new application by caseworkers assigned to the Close to Home program within New York City's Administration for Children's Services. Also provide one-to-one or small group on- site support to users in how to best utilize the updated and modernized application features and to how incorporate them into their business processes. The hired staff will understand and be able to translate the screen changes of the transformed JJIS-CTH for the end-users. These staff will also serve as the front line to identify software issues that could possibly occur when the application is first migrated and will also be able to quickly provide helpful information to users for features that require additional training or technical assistance.
To improve the implementation outcomes, the project needs to hire an implementation-training specialist.
Client staff work on different shifts and work locations and need training, before and after a release. They also need on-site help using the application and support with ad-hoc requests.
Please provide a full listing of the day to day tasks to be performed by the Consultant (be descriptive and specific):
1. Learning the JJIS-CTH application.
2. Developing a module-based, comprehensive training curriculum on the JJIS-CTH application to teach caseworkers how to properly use this application, focusing on Non-secure and limited secure placements, movements, warrants, electronic documents, consents, e-mail alerts This training curriculum should address the background of the applications and how it integrates with other state and Client systems, and should be formatted to include the following components:
Power Point Slides to be used to present the training material to the training participants in a classroom setting
A Participant Guide for all training participants that includes the Power Point slides as well as supplemental materials as necessary.
An accompanying Instructor's Guide that includes not only the Power Point slides for each module of the curriculum, but detailed delivery notes for each slide to guide the consistent and standardized delivery of the training material to all participants. This Instructor's Guide will serve as the "Train the Trainer” component to the JJIS-CTH curriculum, allowing Client to "institutionalize” this training within the agency so that additional trainers can be trained to deliver this training to new staff after the project period ends.
3. Delivering this JJIS-CTH training to approximately 30 Close to Home caseworkers in a face to face classroom setting.
4. Providing on-site, post training assistance to ensure that staff is properly using the application and to generally troubleshoot either on site or by phone, identified challenges or issues that need resolution.
5. Using the Instructor's Guide, convening a small Train the Trainer session to train up to four new trainers within Client to use the new JJIS-CTH training curriculum.
6. Assist in providing face-to-face support for an array of ad hoc OCFS initiatives that require a specialized response
7. Monitor data quality.
Which Service Group is required?
Service Group 1. STANDARD TITLES
What is the number of staff being requested?
(maximum of 5) 1
Which Job Title Category is required?
Which Skill Level is required?
Which Skill Demand is required?
How many Candidate Response Forms are being requested per Contractor per position? (1 or 2) 1
When is the Target Start Date?
(30 Business Days minimum from date of request) 6/26/2018
How long is the engagement? (in months) 24
When is the estimated completion date? 6/25/2020
Is this a Full or Part-Time Position (Full time is considered 40 Hours Per Week)? Full Time
If Part-Time, enter approximate number of hours per week:
What are the daily work hours? (note if negotiable or list preferred start and end time): 8:00 – 5:00 (negotiable)
Where is the Home Base Region?
Region 3 - NYC Metro
Where is the work office located? Enter Building Name (if known) Full Street Address, City, and ZIP 150 William Street , New York, NY , 10038
What type of software is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is an "IBM shop.”) Agency is a Microsoft shop
What type of hardware is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is a "Client shop.”) Agency utilizes VM Ware
Position Mandatory Qualifications
- Experience in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures, or business applications and productsthat run on those platforms, beyond that of a Programmer- The Authorized User may seek Specialists in the following areas (list is not exhaustive):• Backup and Recovery• Security
36 - 60 Months: Candidate is able to work without assistance
48 months experience supporting web applications.
60 months experience providing hands on training including one-on-one and in a classroom setting.
48 months experience developing training materials.
60 months experience developing training curriculum.
48 months experience creating and presenting PowerPoint presentations.
24 months experience with SharePoint or similar document management tools.
Additional Information Requests:
Are there additional security requirements for the Authorized User?Mandatory ITS Security Agreements and Fingerprint-based Background Check.
Will additional training possibly be required during the Engagement? No
If Yes, provide description of anticipated training.
What type, or manner, of Knowledge Transfer is requested during the engagement? Documentation will be up to date at all times in TFS and SharePoint. A weekly review will be a means of knowledge transfer.
Is travel anticipated during the Engagement?No
Apply by creating/using account