Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Agency: Information Technology Services (ITS)
Is this a Project or Program specific request (e.g., Connections, SFS)? No
If yes, please list the Project or Program Name:
Please provide a short description of the project:
Please provide a full listing of the day to day tasks to be performed by the Consultant (be descriptive and specific):
Duties include but not limited to the following:
1. Install/configure/upgrade IBM AIX 6.1 – 7.1 operating systems on Power 7/Power 8 hardware including P720, P750, P770, P780, 795 and P880.
2. Design and configure PowerVM and all virtualization services such as Shared Ethernet Adapter (SEA), VLAN, VLAN tagging, IVE, NPIV, CPU pooling, Live Partition Mobility (LVM) and virtual SCSI services to multiple VIO client partitions.
3. Support servers with SAN attached storage utilizing EMC VMAX and VNX storage systems and virtualized by VPLEX.
4. Install and configure Client Stealth services for secure server to server communication.
5. Support IBM middleware including Tivoli Workload Scheduler and Infoprint.
6. Install and configure CA SiteMinder.
7. Utilize BigFix and IBM director to gather inventory and perform upgrades and patches.
Which Service Group is required?
Service Group 1. STANDARD TITLES
What is the number of staff being requested?
(maximum of 5) 1
Which Job Title Category is required?
Which Skill Level is required?
Which Skill Demand is required?
How many Candidate Response Forms are being requested per Contractor per position? (1 or 2) 1
When is the Target Start Date?
(30 Business Days minimum from date of request) 2/14/2018
How long is the engagement? (in months) 24
When is the estimated completion date? 2/13/2020
Is this a Full or Part-Time Position (Full time is considered 40 Hours Per Week)? Full Time
If Part-Time, enter approximate number of hours per week:
What are the daily work hours? (note if negotiable or list preferred start and end time): Negotiable within normal business hours. On-call and off hours coverage required.
Where is the Home Base Region?
Region 1 - Capital Area
Where is the work office located? Enter Building Name (if known) Full Street Address, City, and ZIP 1220 Washington Ave Building 5, Albany, NY 12227
What type of software is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is an "IBM shop.”) Unit primarily supports IBM middleware and AIX.
What type of hardware is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is a "Client shop.”) Unit primarily supports software running on IBM P-Series hardware.
Position Mandatory Qualifications
- Experience in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures, or business applications and products that run on those platforms, beyond that of a Programmer - The Authorized User may seek Specialists in the following areas (list is not exhaustive): • Backup and Recovery • Security
84+ Months: Candidate is able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field
84 months experience with Tivoli Workload scheduler including installation and configuration of agents and troubleshooting of issues.
84 months experience with InfoPrint application installation and management.
84 months experience installing and configuring CA SiteMinder for a government Directory Services application.
36 months experience with deploying and managing Client Stealth services in a large-scale environment.
84 months designing/installing/configuring/upgrading IBM AIX Operating systems on POWER 7 & 8 platforms in addition to installing and configuring high availability technology PowerHA.
60 months supporting servers with virtualized SAN attached storage such as EMV VMAX and EMC VPLEX.
60 months experience with BigFix and IBM Director installation and configuration of clients.
Additional Information Requests:
Are there additional security requirements for the Authorized User? Yes: ITS-NDA / Fingerprinting with Background Check / CJIS / HIPAA / FTI Appendix / DTF-202
Will additional training possibly be required during the Engagement? No
If Yes, provide description of anticipated training.
What type, or manner, of Knowledge Transfer is requested during the engagement? Must transfer knowledge obtained during the engagement to other State or contract staff deemed appropriate through written documentation, emails, reports, procedures and regular meetings.
Is travel anticipated during the Engagement? No
Apply by creating/using account