Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Agency: Information Technology Services (ITS)
Is this a Project or Program specific request (e.g., Connections, SFS)? No
If yes, please list the Project or Program Name:
Please provide a short description of the project:
Please provide a full listing of the day to day tasks to be performed by the Consultant (be descriptive and specific):
This position will support ITS_PSC_DCJS in the development and maintenance of business solutions on the SQL Server platform using SSRS and advanced excel reporting techniques. The person will be expected to develop data cubes for use in report development. The person will be expected to understand and follow agency software lifecycle methodologies, create design documents, perform coding/debugging/testing develop. This person should consider and research emerging technologies to improve current processes.
This individual will be expected to provide expertise and hands-on participation in the following activities:
• Understand and implement Integrated Justice Portal standards related to the reporting structure, including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS; have a minimum of 5 years' experience
• Using report specifications/requirements, create reports using SQL Server Reporting Services using Microsoft Visual Studio
• Understand and follow all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - analysis, design, testing, implementation, maintenance
• Follow and contribute to agency standards and utilize industry best practices
• Develop queries and stored procedures for data extraction, using sql and one or more relational databases such as Oracle or SQL Server; highly proficient in writing complex efficient SQL
• Display strong interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, self-motivation, and excellent presentation skills.
• Perform ongoing support for production applications – including system monitoring, processing, user support
• Design, develop, deploy BI solutions (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
• create a suite of reports allowing to dynamically group, sort, or filter anything we need; with automated delivery, exports to common formats; with user and role based security
• consider and research emerging technologies to improve current processes
Which Service Group is required?
Service Group 1. STANDARD TITLES
What is the number of staff being requested?
(maximum of 5) 1
Which Job Title Category is required?
Which Skill Level is required?
Which Skill Demand is required?
How many Candidate Response Forms are being requested per Contractor per position? (1 or 2) 1
When is the Target Start Date?
(30 Business Days minimum from date of request) 2/22/2018
How long is the engagement? (in months) 24
When is the estimated completion date? 2/23/2020
Is this a Full or Part-Time Position (Full time is considered 40 Hours Per Week)? Full Time
If Part-Time, enter approximate number of hours per week:
What are the daily work hours? (note if negotiable or list preferred start and end time): 8 hour days (time ranging from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm)
Where is the Home Base Region?
Region 1 - Capital Area
Where is the work office located? Enter Building Name (if known) Full Street Address, City, and ZIP Region 1 - Capital District , TBD, NY , TBD
What type of hardware is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is a "Client shop.”) IBM Websphere/Portal server 6.1 and 7.0, AIX, LINUX, Oracle 11g, SQL Server
Position Mandatory Qualifications
- Experience in the usage and support of a collection of development platforms, technical architectures, or business applications and products that run on those platforms, beyond that of a Programmer- The Authorized User may seek Specialists in the following areas (list is not exhaustive):• Backup and Recovery• Security
84+ Months: Candidate is able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field
Minimum of 84 months of report development experience using Microsoft SQL Server (2008/2014/2016) stored procedures, Microsoft Reporting Services and Microsoft Visual Studio.
Minimum of 60 months experience writing highly complex and efficient SQL on one or more relational databases such as Oracle or SQL Server
Minimum of 60 months experience with SQL Error Handling, SQL Views, SQL Triggers, SQL Stored Procedures and Functions.
Minimum of 36 months experience developing analytical cubes and multi-dimensional structures using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
Minimum 36 months experience with logical and physical data modelling, and database design using Data Modelling Tools such as Erwin.
Minimum 36 months experience planning, designing and implementing reports related to criminal justice processing (including but not limited to: criminal justice statistical reporting, disposition processing, fingerprint identification processing, criminal history inquiry, Sex Offender Management, tracking of Wanted/Missing persons, or initiatives related to offender supervision).
Minimum of 36 months experience using SSIS Package configurations.
Additional Information Requests:
Are there additional security requirements for the Authorized User? Yes: ITS-NDA, Fingerprinting and Background Check
Will additional training possibly be required during the Engagement? No
If Yes, provide description of anticipated training.
What type, or manner, of Knowledge Transfer is requested during the engagement? Consultant will work with State staff to ensure that sufficient document/artifacts reviews take place during the course of the project.
Consultant will perform tasks associated with the KT Project plan which includes cross training and overviews for projects which are completed without the involvement of State staff.
Written documentation may be required.
Is travel anticipated during the Engagement? No
Apply by creating/using account