Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Agency: Information Technology Services (ITS)
Is this a Project or Program specific request (e.g., Connections, SFS)?
If yes, please list the Project or Program Name:
Please provide a short description of the project:
Please provide a full listing of the day to day tasks to be performed by the Consultant (be descriptive and specific):
Under the direction of Manager of Information Technology Services 1, this position is competent in subject matter, principles, knowledge, and concepts; generally considered a specialist in area of data communication network management systems; able to perform full the scope of activities associated with the job which includes the most difficult aspects. May lead or coordinate individuals assigned to assist in the work.
Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Researching, testing, evaluating, and recommending data network administration and management systems.
• Analyzing network data utilization and trends.
• Interfacing with users, consultants, technical teams, and vendors for guidance in determining the most appropriate type of hardware and software installation and configuration.
• Supporting complex data networks throughout the organization.
• Specify, design, test, implement and document complex consolidated authentication scheme for all network administration related operations. Leverage radius and open source software to facilitate this effort.
• Support hardware and software hosting Cacti, OpenNMS, NFSen, SolarWinds, Packet Capture, and TACACS
• System administration support for operating systems supporting network management systems such as RedHat Linux and Windows.
• Support open source network health tools such as Netflow Analysis Tools, Cacti, OpenNMS, NFSen and Network documentation tool (NETDOT).
• Provide technical and configuration support for security and network analysis tools.
• Review and analyze data captured by security and analysis tools.
• Reading technical manuals and brochures to determine equipment that meets establishment requirements.
• Testing and evaluating hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system.
• Analyzing test data and recommending hardware or software for purchase.
• Developing and writing procedures for installation, use, and solving problems of communications hardware and software.
• Performing protocol analysis and monitoring system performance.
• Assisting support users to identify and solving data communication problems.
• Installing network management and administration hardware and software.
• Providing knowledge transfer for all of the above.
• Providing well written reports, documentation, and summaries as required.
• Familiar with the DWDM technology
Which Service Group is required?
Service Group 1. STANDARD TITLES
What is the number of staff being requested?
(maximum of 5)
Which Job Title Category is required?
Which Skill Level is required?
Which Skill Demand is required?
How many Candidate Response Forms are being requested per Contractor per position? (1 or 2)
When is the Target Start Date?
(30 Business Days minimum from date of request)
How long is the engagement? (in months)
When is the estimated completion date?
Is this a Full or Part-Time Position (Full time is considered 40 Hours Per Week)?
If Part-Time, enter approximate number of hours per week:
What are the daily work hours? (note if negotiable or list preferred start and end time):
Where is the Home Base Region?
Region 1 - Capital Area
Where is the work office located? Enter Building Name (if known) Full Street Address, City, and ZIP
Swan Street Building, Core 3, Albany, New York , 12223
What type of software is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is an "IBM shop.”)
What type of hardware is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is a "Client shop.”)
Position Mandatory Qualifications
- Technical expert centered around a technology, technologies or a portfolio of applications- Designing and implementing Information Technology solutions
60 - 84 Months: Candidate is able to work without assistance and can provide leadership for others; may have advanced education
72 Months of Experience in Linux / Apache / MySql / Php (RHEL 5)
60 Months of Experience in Python and PowerShell scripting languages
60 Months of Experience with network management and administrative systems such as SolarWinds
72 months Demonstrated direct working experience with design, implementation and support of a multi-vendor network environments, configuration and support of routers, switches, VPNs, and firewalls
72 Months of Experience supporting open source network health tools such as Netflow Analysis tools, OpenNMS, NFSen and Cacti Performance Monitor, and DWDM Technology
60 Months of Experience documenting networks. Documentation to include data flows, Visio Docs, and general usage documents for ongoing support operations.
60 Months of Experience supporting open source network health tools such as Netflow Analysis tools, OpenNMS, NFSen and Cacti Performance Monitor
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IS or equivalent. A copy of the Degree must be submitted with the Candidate Response.
CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
(Copy of Cert must be provided)
Additional Information Requests:
Are there additional security requirements for the Authorized User?
Yes: ITS-NDA, background check and fingerprinting and HIPPA.
Will additional training possibly be required during the Engagement?
If Yes, provide description of anticipated training.
What type, or manner, of Knowledge Transfer is requested during the engagement?
Candidate is expected to fully document installation, configuration, and maintenance procedures. Candidate should then review said procedures with other team members. All documented procedures need to be reviewed and updated in a timely fashion.
Is travel anticipated during the Engagement?
If Yes, please list anticipated frequency and locations for travel:
Apply by creating/using account