Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Agency: Information Technology Services (ITS)
Is this a Project or Program specific request (e.g., Connections, SFS)?
If yes, please list the Project or Program Name:
Please provide a short description of the project:
Please provide a full listing of the day to day tasks to be performed by the Consultant (be descriptive and specific):
• Responsible for expert analysis, support, development, reengineering, and implementation of multiple business applications. Support is required for specific programming languages (COBOL, SQL, and Java), for specific DBMS' (DB2 for z/OS, DB2 for LUW, IDMS), and using specific technologies (MQ Series, CICS, Sort, JCL, VSAM, AQT, DBI performance tools, ERwin, TSO/ISPF, Data Studio, z/OS, AIX, IBM Data Replication).
• Provide performance analysis and tuning, troubleshooting, capacity planning, benchmark design.
• Implement backup and recovery strategies, and phased implementation/conversion planning for new and converted applications.
• Design methodologies for data synchronization from operational data stores to a data warehouse across multiple database platforms and varied DBMS'.
• Planning, interfacing, and usage between application databases, data warehouse, Cognos, Identity Systems, Vality, Finalist, and eCommerce.
• Act as liaison between Data Management, business customers, and application development staff to ensure that recommended performance considerations are included in reviews, designs, development, and implementation of applications.
• Proven experience in utilizing database structures, application methodologies, and coding techniques resulting in cost efficient and timely solutions to the strategic business requirements.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on production DTF application systems (e.g., Returns Processing, Taxpayer Identification for fraud prevention, Imaging, reciprocity applications between Federal and State agencies (SWOP, FROP, LOP, IFTA), electronic filing, Withholding Tax).
Which Service Group is required?
Service Group 1. STANDARD TITLES
What is the number of staff being requested?
(maximum of 5)
Which Job Title Category is required?
Which Skill Level is required?
Which Skill Demand is required?
How many Candidate Response Forms are being requested per Contractor per position? (1 or 2)
When is the Target Start Date?
(30 Business Days minimum from date of request)
How long is the engagement? (in months)
When is the estimated completion date?
Is this a Full or Part-Time Position (Full time is considered 40 Hours Per Week)?
If Part-Time, enter approximate number of hours per week:
What are the daily work hours? (note if negotiable or list preferred start and end time):
Where is the Home Base Region?
Region 1 - Capital Area
Where is the work office located? Enter Building Name (if known) Full Street Address, City, and ZIP
State Harriman Campus , Albany, NY , 12227
What type of software is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is an "IBM shop.”)
Agency is an IBM Shop
What type of hardware is typically used by the Agency? (e.g., Agency is a "Client shop.”)
Agency is an IBM Shop
Position Mandatory Qualifications
- Technical expert centered around a technology, technologies or a portfolio of applications- Designing and implementing Information Technology solutions
84+ Months: Candidate is able to provide leadership of large teams and/or extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field
84 Months experience in administration and support of IBM's InfoSphere Data Replication software to replicate data between databases on DB2 for z/OS and DB2 LUW on AIX (ver 9.5 or higher).
Experience must include the setup, configuration and maintenance of InfoSphere SQL Replication using its Capture and Apply processes for data synchronization between platforms supporting 24/7 high volume transactional processing databases.
84 months administering DB2 LUW on AIX including the use of PureXML and Data Partitioning Feature.
The experience must include the traditional DBA tasks of design, tuning, storage management, memory/buffering, backup/recovery and object maintenance. The experience must be on both high-volume transactional systems and large analytical systems and involve data purging and roll off, data movement and the shredding natively-stored XML data to flattened structures.
84 months administering and performance tuning of IBM WebSphere Commerce software. (Note: This is not WebSphere Application Server)
Experience must include performance tuning of the database and the applications developed to utilize Commerce se as well as capacity and throughput planning for these systems in a 24/7 transactional environment.
84 months administering and performance tuning IBM InfoSphere Identity Insight software. Experience must include performance tuning of the database and the applications developed to utilize Identity Insight as well as capacity and throughput planning for these systems in a 24/7 transactional environment.
84 months of programming experience using Computer Associates' IDMS database and COBOL.
Experience programming for an IDMS database using its DML language as well as logical design, database navigation, analysis, writing application specifications, testing, documentation.
84 months as an expert-level application technician using COBOL and DB2.
Experience must include all phases of the system development life cycle including application design, development, testing, quality assurance / quality control for online (CICS/Client) and batch processing, in 24/7 transactional environments for high-volume/high-risk returns processing applications.
84 months working in federal, state, or municipal tax administration as an application team lead.
Experience must include oversight of high volume and high risk applications utilizing Web interfaces, CICS(Client) components and batch processing.
Additional Information Requests:
Are there additional security requirements for the Authorized User?
Yes: ITS-NDA, Fingerprinting and Background Check
Will additional training possibly be required during the Engagement?
If Yes, provide description of anticipated training.
What type, or manner, of Knowledge Transfer is requested during the engagement?
System and program documentation must be completed and up-to-date. Also, training of less experience technical staff would be needed, including conducting code reviews and design walkthroughs. Coding review would be for accuracy, performance and compliance with OITS (Office of Information Technology Services) standards. Prepare and present end user design review and validation sessions.
Is travel anticipated during the Engagement?
If Yes, please list anticipated frequency and locations for travel:
Apply by creating/using account