Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Essential Job Functions:
• Conduct/attend requirements definition meetings with end users and document system/business requirements
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the business processes and data in the corporation and apply the knowledge towards developing and maintaining the Corporate Data Model and a Metadata Portal
• Enhance (or create – if new system) system logical data model to meet requirements, applying the Data Modeling Standards and the logical Data Naming Conventions. Apply the same enhancements in the physical data model, using the Data Modeling Standards and the physical Data Naming Conventions appropriate for the specific back-end database
• Select the appropriate data types and sizes for the new fields added to the system data model
• Document definitions for all new data model constructs
• Document the data model enhancements in a standard document.
• If the project involves the creation an interface between two systems, the data modeler would create a mapping matrix describing the correlation between the data elements in the two system data models
• Develop data mappings for reports, to correlate data elements on reports to tables/fields in the underlying physical data model
• Perform analysis of system data to identify patterns, exceptions and erroneous data
• Create high-level process models (activity hierarchy diagrams, data flow diagrams, workflow diagrams, system interface diagrams) to represent business processes for the area under analysis
• Contribute to the development of a body of generally applicable methods, procedures and deliverables for the data modeling/business analysis function
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
• 4 Education: 4 years technical degree , preferably in Math, or Computer Science/Engineering
• Role Specific Experience: Minimum. 6 years of business analysis experience PLUS
o Minimum. 4 years of hands-on data modeling expertise for relational databases – both for logical and physical data models – including detailed knowledge of normalization techniques, forward-engineering and reverse-engineering techniques.
o Experience in modeling large-scale (100+ entities) relational data models
o Experience with ERWIN (3.5 and 4.1) – min. 3 years
• In-depth theoretical understanding and practical expertise with regards to structured system development methodologies.
• Experience in modeling large-scale (100+ entities) relational data models.
• Thorough understanding of normalization techniques.
• Familiarity with Oracle 8.x/9.x. database constructs and PL/SQL..
• Familiarity with various process modeling techniques (activity hierarchy diagrams, data flow diagrams, sequence diagrams, workflow diagrams, system interface diagrams).
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
• Excellent writing/documentation skills.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus)
Level II - 5+ years of experience "
Required Skills Solutions Architecting and Data Modeling
Apply by creating/using account