Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Functional Analyst (strong Banner, Fin Aid & Student A/R)
Functional Area Technology Management
This is pretty much the role of a User Liaison for Financial Aid- but can be reworded by changing the functional area of responsibility:
The successful candidate will add value by:
• Consults with end users to understand business processes and to become
more efficient and effective utilizing the Banner ERP system
• Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors,
problems, or questions with programs
• Troubleshoots errors and issues encountered by end users and provides
resolution to solve issue to client's satisfaction
• Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs as required to
meet industry best practice solutions.
• Partners with manager, site TM staff, and client end users to gather
requirements about: business process flow; application intent, functions,
features; data, input, and output requirements; internal and external checks
and controls; hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces
with other systems.
• Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm program
• Assists client with identifying data integration points and functional
dependencies within the Banner ERP system and to third party systems.
• Advises on key communications needs for Banner modules and
maintenance upgrades including the evaluation of effort involved, steps
required, and the provision of information related to operational changes
• Serves as a resource in the areas of client/server architecture, relational
data base design, networking and communications, systems analysis,
systems programming, systems administration, document imaging, job
scheduling or a combination of specialties.
• Works closely with project management and technical teams to support
• Works with client to develop functional conversion requirements and data
• Updates request tracking system with pertinent information
• Writes and maintains documentation of changes to computer code, programs, and specifications Position
What we need from you:
• Bachelor's degree from fouryear college or university; or at least five years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• 3+ years of experience and expert functional/technical knowledge in the Banner ERP application
• Strong functional knowledge one of the areas of higher education; Student Services or Financial Aid operations utilizing Ellucian Banner ERP /administrative systems.
• Functional knowledge in the areas of Student Information Systems including but not limited to; registrar, admissions, recruiting, academic history, graduation and others strongly desired.
• Thorough technical knowledge in development methodologies, design and implementation. Understanding of specialty areas such as client/server architecture, relational data base design, document imaging, job scheduling, systems administration or a combination of areas.
• Effective skills in research and analysis, project planning and implementation.
• Good understanding of entire development and implementation process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance
• Understanding of higher education related business processes in one or more of these areas: Finance, Student Registration, Student Admissions,
Financial Aid, Human Resources/Payroll, or Institutional Development
• Strong problem solving skills
• Proven project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks,
communicate project status and provide leadership and direction for the
• Proven ability to populate and test rule and validation tables.
• Ability to develop testing plans, and manage the work of departmental
• Strong desktop automation skills including effective use of email,
processors, spreadsheets and the ability to use tools in conjunction with
• Working knowledge of relational database reporting tools including SQL,
Cognos, Argos, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access or others.
• Knowledge and experience with PL/SQL, SQL, Toad, and/or other reporting
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to maintain
effective working relationships with coworkers,
vendors and the public are
• Strong written, oral and organizational skills.
• Excellent decisionmaking,
and planning skills
approach to problemsolving
• Experience working with clients to gather requirements for developing software
• Must be a selfstarter
and motivated to move projects forward
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a highly demanding environment
knowledge of at least one of the following:
• Banner Student And/Or Student Finance/Financial Aid
• COGNOS Reporting
NLU is looking for a Banner Functional Analyst to support their Financial Aid group.
Banner is an ERP system for higher education – 2500 universities are clients.
A major upgrade to V 9.0 planned in 6 months out will need temp resources.
Also 5 large projects being planned around Banner integration.
Location: Onsite Wheeling, IL suburban location with free parking.
Apply by creating/using account