Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Description :
The Senior Data Architect is responsible for the support and implementation of database applications during the design, build and maintenance phases of large projects.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate the following skills/experience: hands-on skills in managing large data sets, familiarity with big-data concepts, cloud computing, open-source tools, and optimization techniques, excellent oral and written communication skills, client focus and the ability to support and enable teamwork, self-motivated and able to operate independently with limited guidance and direction.
Design, build, and deploy database applications
Document data architecture requirements
Define QA guidelines
Manage the retrieving, compiling, and formatting of large volumes of data
Utilize syndicated research tools to retrieve various types of data (macroeconomic, marketing, business, etc.)
Track project timelines and deliverable schedules and share concerns and issues with project managers and directors
Build applications writing SQL and/or SAS scripts to manage data and / or writing specific build instructions for an off-shore programmer to write the scripts
Manage communications between onshore and offshore implementation team during build. Write and manage tasks to be completed offshore.
Ensure applications are properly maintained by working with off-shore maintenance teams to ensure all cycles are properly completed, with strong emphasis on Quality Assurance of data and settings
Initiate SQL optimizer to improve database performance
Work with cross functional team including media strategists, IT specialists and platform developers
Translate business needs into technical requirements including data structuring, data modeling and data visualization
Attend key design meetings and provide support
Assist implementation lead in resolving database architecture questions
Primary Skills :
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Statistics or related technical field required. An MS is preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience in the field of data management, marketing analytics, and technology
- Good communication and written skills
- Experience with the full development life cycle of an application stack - from architecture through test and deployment.
- Strong skills in SQL and proven experience working with at least one of the major databases platforms (SQLServer, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Sybase, or Postgres)
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Organized, detail-oriented, QA-focused
- Process-driven project management is a plus
- Prior knowledge of advertising ecosystem, understanding of marketing metrics, and analytical products offered as a service is preferred
- Experience with key reporting solutions including Tableau, Omniscope and MicroStrategy will be highly valued
- Proficient in system architectures (translating application design to operational requirements)
- Familiarity with big-data concepts, cloud computing, open-source tools, and optimization techniques is preferred
- Experience in web analytics tools (Omniture, Google Analytics, DFA) is a plus
Apply by creating/using account