Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Our client is currently seeking an exceptional business and data analysts (BA) to join its Data Warehouse analytics team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly skilled team and contribute to a critical project.
The BA will be working primarily on a new Accountable Care Organization (ACO) data mart creation and reporting implementation. The BA will be working with a team of resources including a project manager, various developers, other business analysts, technical architects, database administrators and QA analysts. The BA will need to be well versed in the Agile project management methodology and SDLC.
The Business Analyst will work with business users at all levels of management to interpret and translate business rules and requirements into appropriate solutions. Additionally, the BA will be required to understand the underlying data structure of the data warehouse and be able to map that information to a selected vendor solution.
The analyst will be responsible for translating business specifications to the Data Warehouse developer to ensure the schema/data model, ETL specification and reports are accurately produced. Some quality assurance testing may be required of the business analyst.
- Plans for, develops, and documents in detail the functional requirements of solutions for business problems of moderate complexity.
- Investigates, designs, and implements business solutions and major upgrades or enhancements to existing solutions.
- Assists in complex data analysis and translates business needs into Warehouse/ Business Intelligence solutions
- Seeks to understand user's business activities
- Participates in and occasionally leads the presentation of the results of analysis to development, users, and other analysts as necessary
- Writes both business and technical documentation that is appropriate to support the development and end user community
- Contributes to project plans as requested by project managers or director
- Assists internal management in establishing project priorities and in allocating service delivery resources.
- Trains peers in the use of new tools, languages, and procedures
- Assists with data training to ensure the end users of the Warehouse and the BI platform fully understand all components. Cross trains peers within subject matter areas and technical expertise area
- Experience with Health Insurance and/or Medicaid data
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
- Advanced skills in developing complex SQL queries
- Ability to analyze and understand large datasets using standard SQL and/or other tools
- Strong analytical skills
- 2+ years of experience as a business analyst
- Good knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Ability to work well with business users to gather requirements
- Ability to interpret business needs and translate those needs affectively to the Data Warehouse development staff.
- Experience with SQL and relational database query – Oracle preferred
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions
- Experience working in Business Analysis area for IT projects
Ability to independently query transactional and Data Warehouse databases
- Excellent documentation and analytical skills
- Experience in training business users on Cognos or other BI tools based reporting
- Experience with data quality and remediation, data flows and mapping, or comparable experience (system or Data conversions, for example)
- Knowledge of Healthcare EDI formats such as 837 and NCPDP
- Understanding of companion and implementation guides of Health care EDI formats
Apply by creating/using account