Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Our client is seeking a Test Manager to oversee user testing. The ideal candidate will be a thought leader in the testing domain utilizing Agile development methods and will be responsible for creating an overall test strategy, test plan, and test project schedule. This person will then execute the plan and lead and oversee user acceptance testing efforts through multiple project phases. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and possess strong communication (both written and verbal) and leadership skills. The individual will need to be a team player and work collaboratively with all stakeholders on the project. The individual must have strong consulting and customer satisfaction skills and strive to achieve established goals, objectives, and quality standards of the project. The individual must adhere to established timelines and must have a strong focus on ensuring all deadline dates are met.
• Developing test strategy and plans for large (multiple state agencies and multiple vendor) complex development efforts
• Overseeing and reporting test activities
• Testing software new releases, fixes and application enhancements
• Testing changes to business process, work flow and documentation
• Performing functional and user acceptance and integration testing
• Reviewing requirements and design documentation in order to design and document test plans and test case specifications for a web-based application
• Evaluating documentation to ensure adherence to QA methodology and standards
• Assisting in decomposing high-level requirements identified in project documentation into testable, detailed requirements
• Evaluating, documenting and reporting test results and defect status. Use of independent judgment in analyzing defect data to interpret and present conclusions to management and team members with specific recommendations
• Maintaining requirements traceability from use case through test script, defect tracking, and resolution
• Promote testing and quality software development practices throughout the software development/configuration life cycle
• Experience with user interface testing
• Working knowledge of Agile environments
• The scope of the project includes creation and implementation of enhancements to the existing QTP application in support of business requests.
• Application maintenance activities such as system monitoring, recovery, problem analysis and resolution, and end user support are in scope
• General Project Management. Customer/ Vendor Management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team.
• Demonstrated technical leadership skills.
• Exceptional in understanding requirements, design specifications, and testing strategy to: perform ambiguity analysis, perform risk analysis, establish testing priorities and scope, develop testing strategy, review testing strategy, validate requirements and specifications, develop test plans, review test plan, develop test scenarios, select test design techniques and develop testing metrics collection plan in order to plan and prepare for testing.
• Exceptional in testing processes and tools to: execute test cases and scripts, analyze test results, report on testing progress and results, facilitate defect resolution and document final test results in order to execute testing engagement. Proficient in testing processes and testing metrics to: review test summary report, provide testing project feedback and archive testing assets in order to verify completion of testing.
Required Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
•• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a time critical environment
• Must excel in an iterative development environment
• Familiar with Client Quality Center (QC
Apply by creating/using account