Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
ResponsibiMy customer, an international financial organization located in Washington, DC has a 7 month contract position available for a Senior Business Analyst with Financial Experience
The Operational unit of the Corporate Information Technology (CIT) department is seeking a Business Analyst with strong business analytical and technical skills to work with internal clients to identify business requirements, prioritize based on business needs and other on-going projects, avoid overlaps across projects and coordinate with other project teams as needed. We are looking for a highly motivated and versatile candidate who can demonstrate relentless attention to detail and who can communicate with non-technical clients. The candidate requires strong theoretical background and substantial experience in information technology, banking or investment operation, good requirements collection and interviewing capabilities, strong analytical skills to critically evaluate gathered information, and high proficiency in the development of business/technical requirements documentation for large-scale information systems.
The CITOP is seeking a Business Analyst who can support the technology and Knowledge team in writing business and functional requirements for Knowledge Management (KM) project like the company Intranet.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Participate in requirements gathering sessions, produce documentation
• Create requirements definition documentation and functional specifications, including use cases and business process diagrams
• Validate and obtain sign-off for functional requirements/specifications
• Document changes to requirements throughout the project and routes information following established guidelines
• Track and report on project progress against defined requirements using project templates used by the project management office for this project, throughout the project life cycle.
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship to team members, as appropriate
• Assist in execution and development of functional test plans
In addition, position may include the following:
• Organize and facilitate requirements elicitation, business process analysis and review meetings with business users and stakeholders of information systems being developed
• Document in detail system processes in diagrammatic and textual format
• Assess overall project requirements, business needs, pain points, and areas of process improvement
• Create and maintain requirements documentation for information systems being developed, including business analysis models, functional specs, use-case models and use cases
• Use software tools for maintaining repositories of requirements documentation
• Gain an understanding of existing systems' functionality, compare current/envisioned business processes to system functionality, and document gaps
• Collaborate with QA lead to ensure testing strategy covers all business requirements
• Obtain sign off to ensure all the participants are on the same page with regards to any issues
• Participate substantively in testing the functionality of systems being developed to determine whether requirements captured and approved are being met
• Conduct and coordinate User Acceptance Testing
• Work with geographically diverse development teams to ensure requirements are correctly understood and implemented. Provide direction to them on the business needs
• Review policies, procedures and practices to determine specifications and requirements for any customization
• Support post-implementation and transition to a business/technical sustained state (e.g., warranty period support)
• Client Understanding and Advising - Looks at issues from the client's perspective and takes action to ensure client satisfaction.
• Learning Orientation - Stays abreast of new trends and developments in own specialty area and the broader industry.
• Broad Business Thinking - Maintains an in-depth understanding of the long term implications of decisions for the client. Ensures that decisions are supported by relevant stakeholders as well as sound performance data.
• Analytical Thinking - Gathers and links data.
• Business Function Knowledge - Assesses the needs of primary business functions.
• Business Process Knowledge - Defines routine, integrated processes.
• Business Requirements Analysis - Gathers information to expand working knowledge of the business or product supported to include key processes and operational aspects that impact successful execution of business functions.
• Strategic Relationship - Interacts with clients in order to identify opportunities that meet organizational, operational and technological needs, as well as meet internal criteria for best practice.
• Lead and Innovate - Brings new and different insights.
• Deliver Results for Clients - Contributes to delivery of results for clients on complex issues.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries
• Experience with software tools used in requirements discipline and software testing discipline
• Experience and knowledge of financial companies processes and systems is desirable
• Understanding of business processes involved in investment lending and processing
• Experience in using Jira or similar tools for requirements, development and test tracking
• Good understanding of SharePoint, .Net technologies
• Strong and proven experience in documenting business requirements, use cases, functional and non-functional requirements, traceability matrix, etc.
• Excellent communications and writing skills for functional and technical documents.
• Strong experience in developing test cases to ensure full coverage of requirements.
• Strong communication (spoken and written) skills, including the ability to advise and train users in the use of complex systems/applications and effectively prepare specifications and other written reports/documentation in a clear, concise style
• Experience with facilitation skills to lead requirements elicitation workshops planning and preparation, presentation, knowledge capture and follow-up.
Apply by creating/using account