Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Software Developer III's are responsible for the design, development, and implementation of software for new and existing programs. They will interact daily with other team members to ensure that a quality product is delivered in a timely manner. They are expected to be able to own the solution to complex software problems/needs from design to delivery.
• Designs, modifies, implements, and documents software application changes.
• Tests and supports applications internally and externally.
• Participates and leads others in analysis, design, testing, and review processes.
• Provides estimations of work based on requirements.
• Writes product specifications, designs, and technical manuals.
• Leads implementation teams; Provides leadership of small to medium size projects; collaborates with product managers and other cross-functional team members.
• Evaluates third-party products and specifications.
• Maintains responsibility of assigned tasks by using experience/knowledge of environment to make design/development decisions.
• Provides feedback to peer performance reviews.
• Responsible for technology in a given work area.
• Educates others (technical and non-technical) on areas of expertise.
• Works under the supervision of an Engineering Manager.
• Provides development level support for assigned products and projects throughout the development lifecycle.
• Other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Formal education level: Bachelor's degree in a related area (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Services, Management Information Services) or equivalent industry experience.
Specific skills & proficiency level:
• Must exhibit good judgment in decision making.
• Experienced in Software Development Methodologies (RUP, Agile, etc.).
• Experienced w/ Software Engineering best practices (Design Patterns, Coding Style, etc.).
• Must excel in verbal and written communications.
• Able to convey technical concepts with non-technical audiences.
• Able to troubleshoot complex systems including hardware and software systems.
• C/C++ (Microsoft Visual C++ Preferred)
• Microsoft Win32 API (SDK)
• Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC)
• Microsoft .Net Framework exposure/skills
• Microsoft C#
• ATL and/or Component Object Model (COM)
• Microsoft SQL Server and ODBC
• Extensible Markup Language (XML)
• TCP/IP Socket level communications
• Object-Oriented analysis and design tools experience (Rational Rose, Visual UML, etc.)
• 8+ years of software development experience
• 8+ years of experience developing applications using C/C++
• 5+ years of experience developing applications for a Windows operating system platform
• 5+ years of experience developing object oriented solutions
• 3+ years of RDBMS design/development experience with, but not limited to, SQL, stored procedures, triggers, ODBC, normalization preferred
• 1+ year of C# nice to have
• 1+ year .Net Framework nice to have
• Retail experience, especially in the Convenience Store industry preferred
• Point of Sale system experience preferred
• Overtime may be necessary to complete tasks
• Occasional travel may be required
Visit our careers site for a list of the benefits offered in your region in addition to a competitive base salary and strong work/family programs.
Integrated into our shared values is Client's commitment to diversity. Client is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at Client has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: Client only accepts resumes from agencies on the Client preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Client employees, or any Client facility. Client is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Are you open to sponsorship?
Are there flexible work hours?
Is there a possibility to work remote?
This position is:
Is there a bonus structure?
Is there equity?
Who does this position report to?
Software Engineering Manager
Does this position have direct reports?
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
8+ years of C/C++ programming on Windows OS. This is a Senior level role. Microsoft VC++ Is good to have. Exposure to Microsoft .NET framework. 3+ years of RDBMS design/development experience with, but not limited to, SQL, stored procedures, triggers, ODBC, normalization preferred
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
This position is open with our PCR - Petrol Convenience Retail group. Pull up. Park. Grab what you need. Go. That's what everyone expects when visiting the convenience store inside a gas station: fast, easy and reliable. So speed is just as important to your customers as it is to your business. Happier customers, greater profits. A simple equation—but's it's not always easy to get right. With Client hardware and software solutions, including Radiant point of sale technology, you can: •Keep shopping simple for customers in your store. Even when technology failures happen, your customers will never notice. •Handle dramatic increases in customer activity like it happens every day. Our technology keeps up with the most demanding of environments. •Offer mobile payment options, so customers they can hurry on with their day. Today, 22 of the top 30 convenience retailers in North America depend on Client and our technologies run the world's largest convenience store. We're reaching all major oil networks as you read this. Yes, we want to be known as the best. And that means no matter what we achieve, our focus always remains on you.
Please Note: All Third Party Agencies that are on Scout are on NCRs preferred supplier list.
Apply by creating/using account