Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Typical Experience: 84+ months
Role: NCDPI Business and Quality Assurance Analyst
Expected Skills: Able to work without assistance; can provide leadership to others; able to manage highly complex work efforts; may have advanced education; may have extensive industry experience.
Description (including, but not limited to):
1. Managing business analysis work or projects with distinct deliverables to a solution
2. Identifying and documenting business processes, issues, value levers, metrics, and capabilities
3. Collecting, organizing, and analyzing data
4. Completing analysis and documentation of as-is capabilities
5. Conducting interviews to gather business requirements
6. Conducting industry, competitive and State analyses (strategic, financial, operational), business case development, as well as market research for benchmarking
7. Supporting required system go-live activities, including conversion, support desk, site support, training delivery, logistics management, etc.
8. Supporting change management and communications programs and activities
9. Performing Quality Assurance and Testing activities, defect reporting, and related project administration tasks
Project-Specific Duties/Functions of Position
Assigned to Read to Achieve Diagnostic (RtAD) Software as a Service (SaaS) Project
Working Title: NCDPI Business and Quality Assurance Analyst
Description: This role will conduct business analysis and requirement gathering working with NCDPI's Business and key Technical stakeholders of the project. The selected candidate would also be expected to assist with both system and functional testing.
Experience must include working independently on large, complex projects that built or enhanced production software systems. Ability to understand and gather requirements for system integrations is a plus. Coordinate the process of obtaining functional requirements from business stakeholders and subject matter experts utilizing various requirements elicitation techniques.
Work with the Quality Assurance (QA) Lead for matters related to software quality and compliance. Advisement and participation in project testing will be required (integration, system and user acceptance testing). Design test scenarios and perform software testing prior to change promotion to production. This position will conduct code review, quality analysis, user acceptance testing for the assigned project according to defined processes and evaluates and tests new or modified software code modules to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines.
Experience in data analysis, data mapping will be an added plus. Review data extracts for accuracy, quality and completeness is desired. Help with building new data feeds for project enhancements.
Report status to Project Manager weekly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
This position should have a thorough knowledge of the principles and concepts of software development lifecycle and testing methodologies.
Need the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form;
Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements
Basic understanding of relational data modeling and database design.
Experience with enterprise software implementations.
Knowledge of writing test cases and test plans.
Strong analytical skills and creative thinking abilities.
Knowledge of defect tracking tools such as JIRA and GForge;
Interact with others at all levels within the organization; have good organizational skills and time management skills; and be a strong team player.
"Must have " skills
• Business Analysis - (7Y and up)
• Business Intelligence - (2-3Y)
• Requirements gathering - (7Y and up)
• Strong documentation and writing skills - (3-5Y)
• Test Plan creation and Testing (7Y)
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Products including Excel, Access and Visio (5-7Y)
• Knowledge of SQL programming language – (2-3Y)
• JIRA – (2-3Y)
• Strong Communication skills – both written and verbal (7Y and up)
"Nice to have " skills
• GForge (any)
Apply by creating/using account