Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position Purpose: Manage the entire financial affairs for the assigned health plan.
· Prepare and review financial statements and financial reports for both internal and external reporting requirements including schedules or packages distributed to the BOD, corporate senior management & CEO and the health plan management team.
· Lead presentations of monthly financial results and analysis to corporate senior management & CEO and the health plan management team.
· Review and participate in budget and financial forecast processes, including a thorough knowledge of the key operational trends related to member mix shifts, utilization, unit cost, state program changes and health plan initiatives to effectively control costs.
· Responsible for ensuring and monitoring the health plan's achievement towards membership, revenue, medical expense and SG&A goals.
· Work closely with the health plan management team to ensure the division is identifying and executing on critical initiatives.
· Provide and coordinate with Health Economics in-depth financial and business analysis to identify emerging trends in the business; communicate and report results to management and work with related departments (Medical Management, Contracting, plan president and management team) regarding issues.
· Monitor business processes and systems to ensure financial reports are in compliance with GAAP and/or SSAP and company policies and standards.
· Act as the primary contact and responsible for health plan audits.
· Serve as liaison for state, health plan president, and health plan finance area regarding health plan financial matters.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's' degree in Accounting or related field. 5+ years related experience. Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statements of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP) and budgeting.
License/Certification: CPA preferred.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
More Information About the Job
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
Total of 5 Plan Controller Openings!
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Accounting degree Supervisory/Management experience Public accounting experience CPA Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statements of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP) and budgeting.
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Intake Call Recording: http://cc.readytalk.com/play?id=94og8q
Mandatory Recruiter Notes
All agencies must provide the details below within their recruiter notes in order to submit a candidate:
Availability date to start a new role:
Apply by creating/using account