Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Provides quality developer support for current Client stadium and venue software platforms
• Analyze customer and product requirements to formulate technical and software requirements;
• Quickly learns to use a myriad of technologies and applications in order to resolve a customer issue
• Codes, tests and releases fixes, process changes or corrective actions to resolve field issues
• Constructs software which meets requirements, promotes re-use of software components, and facilitates ease of support
• Develops and applies basic programming/engineering skills in relevant languages or methodologies;
• Coordinates troubleshooting and resolution of issues with extended Development team and co-engineers based in Adelaide, Australia
• Responsible for unit testing and debugging principles
• Develops and maintains necessary development and testing environments
• Providing input and technical content for technical documentation, user help materials and customer training
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
• Agile development methodologies
• Solid communication skills
• Teamwork on your mind—even when colleagues are miles away
• 2+ years of SQL experience and 2+ years C++ experience
• 2+ years of demonstrated experience developing software; someone who has solely been in a help desk role with no development background will not be a fit.
• Experience in technical troubleshooting - is considered a strong problem solver/critical thinker in current position
• Ability to understand business and technical requirements
• Communicates technical ideas and issues clearly, both in writing and verbally
• Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency with a "please the customer” mentality
• Understanding of software development and quality assurance best practices
• Flexible work hours with the ability to start later and work past 5pm to coordinate with peers in Australia as necessary.
• Knowledge of development tools: IDEs, compilers, debuggers, profilers, version control systems
• Experience with one or more of the following technologies: at least 3 + years of experience in SQL and C++ and can understand Delphi syntax.
• Sense of humor
Bachelor's degree, preferably in IT, Computer Science, Business or related field
Integrated into our shared values is Client's commitment to diversity. Client is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at Client has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: Client only accepts resumes from agencies on the Client preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Client employees, or any Client facility. Client is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Are you open to sponsorship?
Are there flexible work hours?
Is there a possibility to work remote?
This position is:
Is there a bonus structure?
Is there equity?
Who does this position report to?
SW Engineering Manager
Does this position have direct reports?
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
C,C++ and SQL Programming skills with 3-5 years of software development experience. If candidate has POS that's good. if not that's fine
Apply by creating/using account