Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Equity Derivatives Technology provides IT development and support for the Equity Derivatives business. Equity Derivatives covers a variety of business lines, including Arbitrage, Volatility, Exotics, Fund Linked derivative, Swaps and Convertible Bond trading. Trading desks are currently in London, New York and Hong Kong with Sales in offices worldwide.
This Analyst level hire will undertake a comprehensive testing role within the Trade Capture Team in Equity Derivatives Technology. Current solutions are based around C# clients with Java on the server.
The person fulfilling this role carry out all the defined duties and responsibilities to enable the team to continue delivering high profile, high value projects.
• This skilled team member will work within a self-directed and self-organizing team to deliver high quality, robust testing solutions on applications supporting up to several hundred users. Must be able to communicate with local or remote team members to ensure maximum benefit to the development team.
• Take full responsibility for the on-going system testing within development projects
• Create test plans and test strategies
• Report and track bug cases
• Assist development team in bug isolation, root cause analysis of failures and resolution
• Assist with test automation Requirements.
• The candidate should be self-driven, with a strong background in software quality engineering.
Ensure that requirements are mapped onto a test plan
Automate system testing where possible and appropriate
Facilitate UAT with multiple stakeholders
• Experience working in a QA team environment delivering high quality software
• Experience writing and executing complex system level test plans, test cases and test reports
• Must have excellent analytical skills and be able to debug complex system problems
• Experience working with Linux or Unix
• Working knowledge of writing and running SQL queries
• Identify issues within projects, processes or procedures and look to provide or influence solutions.
Works with project teams to ensure overall software quality is monitored and maintained and/or validates system QA standards necessary to execute test plans and procedures for acceptance testing of new or modified applications/systems. Has some interaction with business area execs, vendors and operations execs in determining whether systems and system components, including hardware, networks, system software, tools, and applications are appropriate and/or ready for implementation. Fosters stable support framework for development teams and business units in the area of quality control and the development of new or revised applications. May provide guidance in the creation of standard test environments, tests plans, and test scripts. Analyzes, designs, documents new or modified QA procedures and standards and assists in the development and implementation of QA metrics for assessing the quality of delivered applications and information systems. Provide resolution to an assortment of problems complex in scope, related to Quality Assurance projects. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Capital Markets.
• Experience of working in Agile environment
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to track multiple test executions and releases
Primary skills in:
• System & Functional testing
• Integration testing
Other beneficial experience:
• Education and Experience B.S. or M.S. degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
• Prior experience of working in derivatives testing domain beneficial
• Familiarity with Java and C# code.
• Familiarity with continuous build system
• Knowledge of quality centre for test execution management and JIRA for defect tracking
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Are you open to sponsorship?
Are there flexible work hours?
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Who does this position report to?
Will sponsor H1B visa with 3+ years left
Does this position have direct reports?
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Client employees, or any Client facility. Client is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Valid contact information must be submitted for all candidates. Valid e-mail and phone number must be provided directly on the resume. Any invalid email or contact information on candidate resumes will be rejected by Client recruiter.
Apply by creating/using account