Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
NetSpend Corporation is seeking a Senior Java Software Developer – Application Development Team to design and develop proprietary software in a highly secure and a heavy transaction-based environment. We are looking for well-rounded developers who have a proven track record of delivering scalable and robust business applications. The ideal candidate must be capable of designing and developing new functionality as well as consistently producing on-going scheduled maintenance releases.
The developer will be part of an Agile team, developing proprietary software and technology to support our internal teams, external partners, and NetSpend cardholders. NetSpend processes millions of transactions every day using this technology. Our growth and profitability is directly tied to our ability to scale, adapt, and monitor this technology.
NetSpend offers a fun, personable atmosphere where creativity, ingenuity and talent are encouraged and rewarded.
· Deliver highly scalable and reliable business applications using J2EE technologies.
· Maintain a suite of existing applications by implementing new features and fixing critical bugs.
· Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure, and process enhancements.
· Ensure that unit and system tests are automated and complete per quality assurance requirements.
· Optimize performance and scalability as necessary to meet business and financial goals of application and environment.
· Adhere to current documentation standards and produce necessary documentation for training and compliance.
· BS/MS in CS or equivalent preferred, or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of J2EE development experience for proprietary technologies in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong Java skills and object oriented design experience, including working knowledge of core libraries and design patterns.
· Significant development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
· Experience integrating with databases (preferably Oracle) and middle-tier application server architecture.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an interest in working in a collaborative team environment.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results, prioritize activities, and to manage time effectively.
· Experience with Toplink or Hibernate is a plus.
· Experience with agile development methodologies desired.
· Preferred experience with JBoss, Weblogic, JMX, rule engine, and SOA.
· Significant experience with automated test frameworks (Junit & WebUnit).
· Prefer working experience with 3rd party integrations.
· Working knowledge of current software security technologies (encryption, authentication, etc.), and their incorporation into software systems; experience with Atalla is a plus.
· Prefer experience in card processing and high-transaction processing environment.
· As provided in NetSpend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Are you open to sponsorship?
Are there flexible work hours?
Is there a possibility to work remote?
This position is:
Is there a bonus structure?
Is there equity?
Who does this position report to?
Senior Manager of Applications Development
Does this position have direct reports?
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Preferred experience with JBoss, Weblogic, JMX, rule engine, and SOA. 5+ years of J2EE development experience for proprietary technologies in a fast-paced environment.
Apply by creating/using account