Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Application Support Service Manager is responsible for managing and providing application maintenance services to the assigned BI/DW solution portfolio. Duties include ensuring that resource capacity, knowledge, and tools are in place to meet the requirements defined in assigned Support SOWs in the AS BI/DW Portfolio. The Application Support Service Manager will be accountable for meeting all the service level targets/objectives as defined in the support SOWs and act as first level escalation point for the service related issues for IT stakeholders & partners.
The Application Support Service Manager must maintain the necessary level of management and involvement in each engagement to knowledgeably represent the health of the engagement at any given time and demonstrate an unrelenting focus on continuous improvement, both factually supported through metrics.
Application Support Responsibilities:
1. Incident Management: Delivery of L1.5, L2 or escalated Support as assigned and as identified in the engagement SOW, ensuring SLA compliance.
2. Service Request Management: Execution of SRs as identified in the engagement SOW, monitoring for appropriate use of Service Requests and ensuring segregation of Enhancements.
3. Application Maintenance Activities: Execution as defined to support engagement SOW (e.g. Job Monitoring, Validations, System Health Checks)
4. Change Management: Execution of compliant Change Management activities for Break/Fix Changes and for small enhancements with the proper Build team agreement. Monitor for unauthorized small enhancement activities.
5. Communications for all unplanned outages and Incidents
a. Follow communication process for Critical and High Incidents within AS
b. Follow engagement specific communication process for Incident reporting to all other parties, including business and BUIT.
6. Continuous Improvement
a. Continuous identification and implementation of Problem management and Application Performance improvements on engagement
b. Document all opportunities, negotiate implementation (if needed) and track all supporting metrics.
7. Engagement specific activities:
a. Oversee or execute all compliance related activities (Audit, SOX, GxP)
b. Oversee or execute assigned TAO responsibilities
c. Oversee or execute System Lifecycle activities (e.g. Release management, Software maintenance, Disaster Recovery)
d. Maintain accurate and up to date list of CMDB CIs supported by each engagement
Vendor Management Responsibilities:
1. Oversight of Vendor team
a. Resource selection and assignment to team
b. Monitor resource performance
c. Timesheet approvals – monitoring compliance to Pricing model resource loading
d. Resource utilization – including ABC metrics and timecards
e. Resource planning for scope changes
2. Negotiate resource availability with Build team to support small enhancements
3. Identify resourcing for BBS renewals and new Support engagements
1. Ensure the capture and accuracy of all Application support metrics as defined by AS
e. Enhancements performed by Support team
2. Oversee or execute the creation and accuracy of Metrics reporting
a. AS/GSD defined Reporting
b. Standard BUIT reporting
c. All other reporting as defined by the engagement, including BUIT and/or Business
3. Represent and present both metrics and engagement specifics to AS Leadership, DM and BUIT (as agreed to with DM)
1. Computer Science, Science or Business Degree or equivalent experience is required.
2. A minimum of 5 years hands on experience in an application support role is required.
3. Strong understanding of IT service management principles and practices required; ITIL certification a plus.
4. Understanding of business intelligence and data warehousing principles required.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
6. Well-developed presentation and facilitation skills required.
7. Demonstrated skills to lead and direct a global support team, including onsite and offshore resources, required.
8. Demonstrated partnership and leadership skills required.
9. Good troubleshooting and decision making skills required.
10. Experience with Application Services Delivery and Support processes preferred.
11. Experience in Cognos 8.x/10.x or comparable BI technology a plus.
12. ETL technology skills in Oracle SQL scripting, Cognos Data Manager, and/or Informatica ETL a plus.
Apply by creating/using account