Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
• Design, prepare, and test new and improved formulations of individual components and complex mixtures of fungicides and insecticides
• Coordinate activities with the Monsanto R & D team (analytical chemists, biologists, agronomists, and statisticians)
• Interface with Research as well as Business, Manufacturing, Marketing, Regulatory and Quality functions regarding project updates and product advancement
• Act as a liaison with internal and external customers, and provide technical reports and presentations to diverse audiences
• Limited travel to field testing and manufacturing sites to support testing and commercialization of products and formulations
Required Education & Skills/Experience:
• Master's Degree in Chemistry, Colloid Chemistry, Food Science, Materials Science, Polymer Science, and/or Chemical Engineering
• Direct experience with rheological and other physical evaluations of formulation stability and compatibility
• Product/formulation development experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent analytical and creative thinking, with strong problem solving skills
• Ability to identify and champion new technologies, especially for the effective delivery of agrochemical actives
• Ability to work on cross-functional and international teams and adapt to changing business conditions/priorities in a matrix corporate environment
• Ability to travel (domestic and international) to field testing and manufacturing sites
Desired Education & Skills/Experience:
• PhD in Chemistry, Colloid Chemistry, Food Science, Materials Science, Polymer Science, and/or Chemical Engineering
• Three or more years of experience in research and product/formulation development in agrochemicals, consumer products, food applications, petrochemicals, or a related industry
• Highly motivated, self-starter who works well in a multidisciplinary group, including the flexibility to work with other researchers who are not an expert in their domain
• Peer reviewed publications or patents to demonstrate capabilities
• Prior experience working for a global company
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
Yes, 5 % of the Time
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Are you open to sponsorship?
Are there flexible work hours?
Is there a possibility to work remote?
This position is:
Is there equity?
Who does this position report to?
Chemistry Formulations team in Monsanto's R&D
Does this position have direct reports?
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
All requirements listed in job description must be met Intake call: http://cc.readytalk.com/play?id=fakpt8
What are the nice-to-have skills?
All desired skills listed in job description.
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Monsanto's Chemistry team is growing and it's a great time (and career opportunity) to be part of the team. Variety of projects to work on. You will know that you made a difference in feeding people around the world.
Apply by creating/using account