Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Pay Rate $13.60--
JOB FUNCTION: Conduct manual maintenance and repair to caster equipment; perform inspection, assembly, disassembly, installation and maintenance at customer locations when needed.
1. Employees receive a detailed work assignment daily from supervisors this information is prioritized according to customer s current melt shop schedule.
2. Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
3. Dismantles equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
4. Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of equipment and machinery.
5. As employees perform work assignments they are required to log the progress of each job on work charts before, during, and after each shift to keep all employees informed regarding the status of jobs and equipment.
6. Employees will repair equipment as needed. Some equipment may require total teardown depending on wear.
7. Employees are required to pass a crane and forklift operation test, as use of this equipment is a daily procedure.
1. On-site equipment inspections and repairs are commonly required.
2. As employees perform work assignments, they are required to log the progress of each job on work charts before, during, and after each shift to keep all employees informed regarding the status of jobs and equipment.
3. Clean-up of work area is required of all employees.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Caster Repairer is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions; work in high, precarious places; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work environment is dusty and greasy. Work is most commonly performed with hand-held tools such as wrenches, air-impact guns, and dead-blow hammers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
Scheduled Work Hours: Eight hours a day shall constitute a regular workday and 40 hours a regular workweek. Because production schedule is almost entirely customer driven, overtime hours and changes in shift schedule is common.
Safety Risk: Imperative that employees follow safety policies and practices. Due to the size and weight of the equipment, improper safety practices can cause serious injury. Common minor injuries include bruises and lacerations.
Stress: Close tolerances are required. Work is prioritized according to customer requirements and changes frequently. Employees job assignments are commonly re-prioritized throughout the workweek.
QUALIFICATIONS: Persons applying for this position should possess some mechanical or maintenance experience.
Knowledge of steel casting production and equipment is helpful.
Employees must possess a valid driver s license and have a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED.
Apply by creating/using account