Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: H - Software Engineer 3 RECRUITED - 7M0080 - 100282
*****Software Test Engineer (Software Verification & Validation)*****
Software tester needed to create and execute verification and validation test plans for Clinical Chemistry and Immunoassay blood analyzers as connected through a track-like design.
- Understand complex software and hardware system designs and create test plans and test cases which are traceable to requirements.
- Perform testing of Clinical Analyzer software through both hands-on manual testing and through automated test tools.
-Test graphical user interfaces, complex sample sequencing and low level software communication protocols.
-Troubleshoot issues discovered in testing to determine the functional and logical areas of defect origination.
- Clearly document test case results in summary test reports.
-Apply statistical quality control methods in the course of testing.
- Use Application Lifecycle Management toolsets to plan tests and record test artifacts. - Use defect tracking system to record clear description of system defects, including reproducing steps and log files.
- Maintain required laboratory records for instruments under test.
- Ability to operate the workstations and instrumentation the software is deployed on.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES, PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated debugging skills in a complex automated instrumentation environment, including hardware, software, and mechanical components.
- Experience with Defect Tracking Systems and Application Lifecycle Management tools.
- Basic understanding of automated testing development and execution.
- Knowledgeable in Waterfall, Cyclic and Agile software development cycles.
- Strong PC skills including the use of on-line Data Bases, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Preferred the candidate has an understanding of the primary uses of a Clinical Chemistry Analyzer System in order to develop verification test scripts, boundary and stress test scripts.
- Preferred the candidate has knowledge of hospital lab organization.
-Demonstrated flexibility to work in an environment with defined deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must to effectively communicate technical and clinical information to a diverse team
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills to enable participation in product design and evolution
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, as well as being able to accomplish tasks in a team environment
- Desire to learn new technologies and methodologies a must
- Must be able to thrive in an ever-changing environment, with the capacity to handle deadlines, change, as well as ambiguity
- Passionate about finding defects, as early in the development cycle as possible.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
-BS degree in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering or Medial Technology or applicable experience preferred.
- Medical Technologists AAS Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology preferred.
Working knowledge of HIS/LIS preferred.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: JOB FAMILY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Debugs complex software products through the use of systematic tests. Develops and executes complex software test plans. Analyzes and writes complex test plans and testing procedures. Completes and maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of complex software. Performs analysis of test results to ensure functionality and recommends corrective action. Completes the
logging, tracking, communication, and resolution of issues.
BS/BA in a related discipline and/or applicable experience,
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE:
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful
completion of moderately complex assignments. Successfully applies complex knowledge of
fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates
knowledge of organization's business practices and issues. Typically 5-8 years of successful
experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as
presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
Provides general guidance or trains support and/or professional staff.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable interacting with staff across functions and R&D sites.
Apply by creating/using account