Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Required Skills :
Agile, Medical System Implementations
Basic Qualifications :
Bachelor's Degree is required.
Job Description :
This position is responsible for planning, managing, tracking and reporting of IT projects to modernize Medical & Environment Health (MEH) systems. The Project Manager will proactively plan, monitor and manage project status, schedule, budget, scope, quality, issues, risks and dependencies.
The Project Manager must understand project management processes and execution, as well as the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for waterfall, Agile, and hybrid approaches. A working knowledge for IT infrastructure, systems integration and application development is essential. Familiarity with Medical & Human Resource systems, case management, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is critical. Leverages expertise to understand impacts to projects, proactively manage risks, coordinates and quickly resolves issues, and provides leadership and guidance to project teams. This role requires the ability to address executive audiences, leadership, business acumen, and strong relationship management skills, at all levels of the organization (Business & IT).
The Project Manager should understand the alignment of project work with corporate strategies and be able to manage project changes to facilitate risk management, issue resolution, planning and re-planning of projects as they relate to strategies, and identify and recommend timing of project in-service moves and dates.
This role will be involved with maturing the project management methodology, polices, processes, tools and templates to contribute to successful delivery of the IT projects and integration of Operations Research work. A strong understanding of project governance in the context of large scale project management, software development, and testing life cycles is a required.
• Effectively communicates at all levels of the organization.
• Leads, mentors, and manages project team.
• Ability to drive projects from both a tactical and strategic perspective.
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills.
• Builds partnerships, based on trust and transparency, with the various business units to report project health and status.
• A high level of independence to lead and influence others.
• Responsible for and expected to lead project teams in the Project Management areas of Schedule, Communications, Cost, Integration, Quality, Resource, Risk, Scope and Time Management.
• Partner with the team to lead vendor selection & procurement processes including developing RFI/RFP, strategy and approach for scoring/evaluation, contract negotiation, and successful vendor relationship management and communication.
• Assists and supports organizational change management.
• Solid understanding of project management methodology to identify and communicate issues, risks and dependencies.
• Ability to identify and resolve project issues effectively.
• Ensure that projects follow standard policy, procedures, and methodology.
• Responsible for leading large complex projects, or multiple medium size projects, that spans multiple systems and business areas.
• Works with other project managers to manage interdependencies.
• Project contingency planning through risk identification, prioritization and response planning.
• Ensure project change management processes and procedures are followed.
Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university
• PMP (Project Management Professional) ® Certification
• Experience leading projects in the following areas
o Medical & Environment Health (MEH) system implementations
o Large and complex system integration efforts
o Legacy system modernization including historical data migration
• 5+ years of experience leading Information Technology projects that involved business process change, organizational change, and multiple large scale technology components
• Working knowledge of Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
• Knowledge of union practices related to MEH systems
• Experience implementing MEH systems for both a Salaried and Hourly workforce
• Experience in business solution development, project management, and project delivery
• Strong understanding of the system development life cycle
• Ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization
• Experience engaging and working with vendors/partners to effectively deliver projects
• Experience developing complex, project plans to meet business objectives
• Experience developing and managing large project budgets
• Proven experience in project change management
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Project, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college/university (MBA, Information Systems or Computer Science)
• Transportation industry/railroad experience
• Experience with Planview and Version One
Apex Systems, a division of On Assignment, provides organizations with scalable IT staffing solutions to address critical gaps in their current workforce and augment workforce management strategies. We specialize in providing IT professionals for contract, contract-to-hire, and direct placements to clients in Fortune 500, mid-market, and emerging companies. Our specialized technology and industry practice groups help us match the most talented and qualified technical professionals to great companies across the country.
Apex and parent company On Assignment combine to be the 2nd largest IT staffing company in the U.S.
Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Open-Ended-Contracts and Permanent IT Placements
Apply by creating/using an account