Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Required Skills :
Intermodal project experience. 10+ years of overall PM experience. Experience doing projects within Agile/Scrum environment.
Basic Qualifications :
Needs to have STRONG communication skills.
Job Description :
This position is responsible for the planning, managing, tracking, reporting and oversight of IT projects supporting intermodal facilities. This program is focused on improving intermodal hub efficiency and velocity by implementing technology solutions that streamline operations.
Key projects include:
• Next Generation OASIS/Smart Intermodal Management System (SIMS): Improve efficiency by ensuring work order decisions, container planning, and railcar assignments are optimized and repeatable.
• Hub Automation: Automation of horizontal movements (track to parking/parking to track) and crane operations.
• Automated Yard Check: Tracking of Intermodal equipment and assets inside the hub using third party vision systems.
• Automotive Automated Gate System (AGS)/Electronic Proof of Delivery (EPOD): Leverage current intermodal gate technology for an automotive application. Kiosk based system that facilitates gate transactions for haul-away carriers
The Program Manager will plan, execute, compile, monitor and report the health of all projects within the assigned program. Additionally, the position will partner with IT Governance to ensure project methodology and process compliance are adhered to.
The Program Manager must have solid understanding of project management processes and execution, as well as the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and leverage that knowledge to understand impacts across the program, proactively manage risks, coordinate and quickly resolve issues, and provide leadership and guidance to a team of project managers. This role is one that requires team leadership, business acumen, strong relationship management skills within IT and Business areas and ability to address executive audiences.
The Program Manager should understand the alignment of project work with corporate strategies and be able to proactively manage program/project change to improve enterprise wide risk management, issue resolution, planning and re-planning of projects as they relate to strategies, and identify and recommend timing of project in-service moves and dates. This role will be involved with maturing the project management and software development methodology, polices, processes, tools and templates to contribute to successful delivery of the IT Project Portfolio. A strong understanding of project governance in the context of project and large scale program management, software development, and testing life cycles is a must.
The Program Manager should embrace the company Leadership Model and actively demonstrate commitment to the model. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Business Interaction – Builds partnerships, based on trust and transparency, with the various business units to report program health and status.
• Project Management – Solid understanding of project management methodology to identify and communicate issues, risks and dependencies.
• Governance – Ensure that all projects follow standard policy, procedures, and methodology.
• Responsible for managing /running complex programs and projects.
• Undertakes and plans for program and project contingency planning and risk mitigation.
• Leads, Mentors, and Manages team of Project Managers responsible for the planning and execution of projects within the program.
• Identify and solve/resolve project and program issues effectively.
• Oversees and directs the project management team and manages conflict within the team.
• Oversee procurement process involved in projects and program involving but not limited to, developing RFI/RFP, developing strategy and approach to score, management of the procurement process, contract negotiation, and successful vendor relationship management and communication.
• Champion and foster project change management processes and procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization but most importantly at Director and above.
• Monitors and ensures compliance to IT PMO policy, procedure, and methodology.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience.
• 10+ years of experience leading Information Technology projects.
• 5+ years leading large scale transformation programs, involving business process and change, organization change, and multiple large scale technology components.
• 3+ years of experience with intermodal operations and systems
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or Program Management Professional (PgMP) Certification.
• Expertise leading large system integration efforts.
• Experience managing legacy modernization efforts.
• Experience in business and solution development, project/program management, and project delivery.
• Very Strong understanding of the system development life cycle.
• Ability to interact effectively with various levels within the organization.
• Experience developing complex, multi-year program & project plans to meet business objectives.
• Experience developing and managing large multi-year project budgets.
• Proven experience in change management.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college/university (MBA, Information Systems or Computer Science)
• Experience with Client OASIS Intermodal Terminal Operating Software and/or Smart Intermodal Management System (SIMS)
• Experience implementing intermodal Automated Gate System (AGS) and Electronic Proof of Delivery (EPOD) solutions
Apply by creating/using an account