Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
General QA Coordination - Good working knowledge of interfaces is a plus, revenue cycle, data bases, report testing. Working knowledge of ALM strongly preferred
Education: High School Diploma Required Bachelor's Degree Preferred
Experience: Minimum four years Test Coordinator in an Information Technology environment. Required
Minimum seven years overall experience in Information Technology. Experience working in a non-automated or manual testing environment.
CSTE (Certified Software Tester) or ISTQB
(International Software Testing Qualification Board) Preferred
Additional Skills Required: Thorough understanding of testing/QA techniques, practices, and processes. Experience with planning and leading QA efforts. Prior experience with development or testing of healthcare information systems. Thorough knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle process. Prior experience managing large, complex, testing efforts crossing multiple departments. Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) both internally to the project team and to leadership. Ability to provide necessary support to the gathering and writing of accurate, complete test materials. Strong business analysis skills for capturing business/clinical scenarios and translating them into test cases and scripts. Detail oriented with strong analytical skills with an ability to organize and communicate thoughts clearly. Acts as a catalyst to resolve project issues and conflicts encountered by team members. Relationship management skills that include excellent listening and consultative abilities, as well as the ability to establish credible relationships with business partners to drive change. Proficient in Microsoft Office tools, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
Additional Skills Preferred:
1. Testing Strategy: Facilitate definition of the project's testing strategy. Work with project leaders and team members to identify the key testing goals for the project. Outline the necessary types of testing required to successfully demonstrate the information system meets quality criteria. Describe the use of resources to accomplish the testing work, including human resources, environments, information systems, 3rd party vendors, testing tools, etc. Gain alignment from all key stakeholders on the strategy. Maintain changes to the strategy and related communications.
2. Testing Methodology: Adapts, defines, and communicates testing methodology. Applies and adapts (as appropriate) the ITS testing methodology, tools, and templates. Provides process improvement input to ITS best practices and standards for testing processes, procedures, and documentation. Effectively communicate testing methods to the project team. Coordinate adaption of testing methodology with the ITS PMO and Internal Audit.
3. Testing Schedule: Develop detailed project testing schedules and manage project testing tasks against the approved schedules. Develop detailed testing work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports. Execute the tasks as defined in the testing schedule in order to achieve the project goals. Establish and track project deliverables and milestones, including those required by non-PMO teams. Communicate the testing schedule to ensure a common understanding, in order to align the stakeholders and team members.
4. Project Financials: Support the development of project financials. Assist the project manager with estimation of testing-related project costs, including labor, environments, testing tools, and other items.
5. Testing Status: Effectively communicate testing status. Develop and maintain the testing status reports. Write clear and concise status reports that are an accurate reflection of the current state of testing for the project. Conduct weekly Test status meetings.
6. Test Team Training: Ensure training for the test team is planned and delivered effectively. Develop and maintain the testing components of the Training and Documentation Plan. Provide training in the use of testing tools and methods (as needed). Ensure training is delivered according to the plan. Engage Corporate Education and vendor trainers as appropriate on large and highly visible projects if training for those doing testing is required.
7. Testing Facilitation: Facilitate planning and execution of all forms of testing. Develop test plans to perform System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and Disaster Recovery (DR) Testing and other phases of testing as defined in the Test Plan. Guide business users and ITS teams in the development of test scripts. Ensure testing is executed and documented according to Novant guidelines and standards. Ensure traceability of test scripts to project requirements. Develops test plans in conjunction with project team members that define test scope, responsibilities, schedule, requirements, objectives and ensures test coverage and release quality. Responsible for the integrity of test plans, data, environment, etc., as well as coordination with supporting areas. Collaborates with project managers, application managers, analysts and others on the team to ensure changes are understood, test cases and scripts are fully defined; coordinate all testing activity. Manages defect log and coordinates resolution of escalated test defects. Coordinate with training staff to ensure changes in system are incorporated into training program and materials. Ensures overall deliverable quality by monitoring project testing progress and providing direction regarding compliance of quality standards.
8. Testing Risk Management: Identify and manage testing risks and issues. Identify and analyze risks starting at Testing Planning and continuing through completion of all phases of testing. Implement approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project. Communicate and escalate issues as they occur and ensure proper ownership. Participate in the analysis and resolution issues.
ownership. Participate in the analysis and resolution of issues.
9. Vendor Testing: Manage the integration of vendor testing tasks and track and review testing-related vendor deliverables. Work with the project manager to set and manage vendor testing expectations. Manage day-to-day vendor interaction. Develop good relationships and rapport with vendor personnel. Communicate effectively with vendors to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions. Provide feedback to vendors on their performance.
10. Interpersonal Communication: Demonstrate effective interpersonal communications skills. Understand how to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully. Engage in active listening, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing others to speak without interrupting them. Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
11. Leadership: Demonstrate effective leadership skills. Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships. Inspire loyalty and trust, handling oneself ethically following core values and beliefs. Improve team performance by building team cohesiveness, leading, mentoring, training, and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency, and boost morale. Provide support and guidance to project managers. Manage multiple testing projects simultaneously. Manage large and complex testing projects.
12. Project Management Methodology: Comply with Novant's project management methodology. Ensure testing documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately. Effectively apply Novant's methodology and enforce project standards. Manage testing activities according to the PMO success criteria guidelines. Pass project audits conducted by internal PMO, as well as internal and external audit teams.
-must have great written/verbal communication
-able to multitask- will be working on multiple projects
-motivated, self sufficient
-hybrid role - testing, test coordinating, and BA experience is great-
-work w/ all testers, test leads, and QA coordinator leads.
healthcare BG is a plus
-minimum 2 round interview (in person)
Apply by creating/using an account