Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Application Support Analyst (Professional Services/Data Analytics)
You will work on Telecommunication’s Contact Center Custom reporting and data delivery infrastructure. You will be responsible for maintaining custom data delivery solutions for external Telecommunication customers which include reports/data feeds and data capture/transformation routines. You will be insuring that the platforms services meet or exceed the needs of our customers. Activities will include performing software upgrades, monitoring the operation of the platform, troubleshooting, resolving issues and insuring the platform maintains a low security risk ranking.
As part of your responsibilities, you will share supporting the reporting infrastructure on a weekly rotating 24x7 on-call schedule in coordination with the other members of the team.
In this role you will also be responsible for supporting a development lab infrastructure for the professional services team. You will be performing activities including but not limited to: server setup, operating system installation, application software installations, security configurations, backups as well as resolving operational issues.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
• Understand Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server database objects and their uses including tables, views, sequences, synonyms, table-spaces, db links, partitioning and scheduled jobs.
• Understand Data Warehousing/ETL concepts and functions.
• Understand the installation, operation and configuration of Apache and IIS web servers.
• Understand the Linux operating system including the use of general OS commands, shell script development, and CRON configuration.
• Hold a Microsoft Systems Engineer certification.
• Understand and be able to administer a 30 server VMWARE environment.
• Understand and be able to administer a Veritas NetBackup 8.0 environment.
• Understand TCP/IP architectures including packet routing concepts, firewalls, DMZ networks, and DNS services.
• Have the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
• Have well rounded technical communication skills with the ability to explain complex technical subjects to non-technical individuals.
• Be able to troubleshoot issues with the ability to define problem areas quickly and concisely.
• Be comfortable working in a data center environment (cabling, raised floors, racks, etc.).
• Understand general Genesys Telecommunication Labs system components and their function.
• Understand Genesys reporting components, configurations and operations including ETL, Stat Server, Info Mart and Information Concentrator.
• Understand the installation, operation and configuration of Apache Tomcat.
• Understand the installation, operation and configuration of ERoom.
• Understand the installation, operation and configuration of version control systems (CVS, Visual Source Safe, VisualSVN Server).
• Understand the installation, operation and configuration of Cognos 11.X series reporting tool.
Bachelors Degree in Conputer Science or related field and 2-3 years of prior work experience.
Generally office hours, 8-5, M-F. On call support, 24x7,and planned after hours maintenance may also be required.
Apply by creating/using account