Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Position Purpose: Provide technical support for the Centene Server environment and associated applications
· Provide technical support for the Centene Server environment and associated applications
· Perform daily tasks to ensure the stability and optimization of the server environment, which includes proactively identifying potential system issues before they become a problem, working with team members in deciding a resolution, and implementing the agreed upon resolutions
· Responsible for maintenance of the operating systems on all Corporate servers, end user support, monitoring system usage and performance, patching, management of backup and recovery of the operating system and third-party applications, file-system management, process automation, server installation/configuration, and third-party application support including installations and configurations
· Interface with business users and stakeholders to determine needs
· Review operational and organizational changes, assess how these changes will affect the server environment and incorporate the changes into the system architecture, as needed
· Coordinate, test, and implement all enhancements or new releases of the Operating Systems and business critical software
· Monitor, analyze, and evaluate system utilization to ensure the appropriate and efficient use of applications and system resources
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 3+ years of related experience. Individual to provide engineering and support of Middleware Integration platforms. Ability to create complicated scripts (PowerShell, Python), deep dive troubleshooting Windows OS and Windows features. Working with cross-functional project teams to design and implement highly available .NET solutions using IIS and related Microsoft technologies. Providing patching/installs to application support layer software. Understanding of the following technologies: Active Directory, Internet Information Server (IIS), system monitor software - DynaTrace, APM, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), certificate (SSL) knowledge. Experience with the following are all a plus: Jenkins, ANT, MAVEN, CRON, SSH, TCP/IP, HTTP, XML, LDAP, AD, ADAM, Oracle DB, JDBC, Java, Apache Tomcat, TIBCO.
Experience in client and end user systems with MS Windows Server/Client family of operating systems
Prior knowledge of Middleware technologies including container management systems and automation tools
Experience with Windows Systems, OS Platform, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, basic storage, virtualization, networking
Understanding of Linus or Unix environment
PowerShell, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
Manager of IT
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Experience in client and end user systems with MS Windows Server/Client family of operating systems Prior knowledge of Middleware technologies including container management systems and automation tools Experience with Windows Systems, OS Platform, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, basic storage, virtualization, networking Understanding of Linus or Unix environment PowerShell, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Experience with the following are all a plus: Jenkins, ANT, MAVEN, CRON, SSH, TCP/IP, HTTP, XML, LDAP, AD, ADAM, Oracle DB, JDBC, Java, Apache Tomcat, TIBCO.
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
Why Centene? Because the work we do matters. When you join Centene, you're joining a team of focused, driven individuals all working together to serve the underserved. We assist more than 12 million members through government-sponsored healthcare programs, focusing on the under-insured and uninsured. In our fast-paced and ever-changing environment, we share an unwavering commitment to helping those who need it the most by working tirelessly to improve health outcomes. That's why we listen to innovative ideas and give all of our people the support and development opportunities they need. This is where you'll grow, learn, and be challenged every day. We're working to transform the health of every community, one person at a time.
Mandatory Recruiter Notes
All agencies must provide the details below within their recruiter notes in order to submit a candidate:
Availability date to start a new role:
Due to the recent Pay Equity regulations mandate you are prohibited to share a candidate's current/prior salary details via in states the mandate is in effect.
Apply by creating/using account