Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
High school education, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires 4 to 6 years of related experience in similar production assembly activities. Requires thorough knowledge of operations and processes.
- Builds up mechanical sub assemblies and assemblies used in the production of light rail vehicles, locomotives and coaches.
- Connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Cuts wire to specified lengths and routes, combs, twists, wraps, ties, and attaches wire to terminal points.
- Disassembles, modifies, reworks, refurbishes, reassembles as required.
- Performs electro-mechanical production and installs parts such as, but not limited to; Cable harnesses, Electrical subassemblies, mechanical components, piping and bogies.
- Performs tasks that require knowledge of a combination of production processes, operations and equipment.
- Duties may consist of, but not limited to, working from production blueprints, wiring diagrams, parts lists, wire lists, sketches and verbal instructions to perform mechanical assembly operations.
- Frequently required to climb, such as, but not limited to stairs, steps and ladders.
- Frequently required to work on elevated platforms.
- Performs work overhead.
- May be subject to working in tight spaces.
- Uses hand and power shop tools. Certification of some tools and equipment may be required, such as but not limited to crane and forklift operations.
- May be responsible for providing work direction, training others on work orders and equipment operation.
- Identifies problems and/or recommends solutions for methods and sequence of assembly operations where complete information is not readily available.
- May be required to interim as a group lead if requested.
- Able to routinely interact with other employees from supporting functions.
- Meet internal Company standards for quality and workmanship.
- Expected to contribute and maintain conditions that will ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
- May be requested or required to work overtime, weekends and different shifts from the business or customer as necessary.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Cross training will be required to cover business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Works under little to no supervision.
Works on assignments that are more complex in nature. Advanced complete understanding of the knowledge area to foresee and solve new problems and to address new business issues. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Ability to apply workmanship standards and understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Able to perform tasks independently.
May train and instruct lower level employees.
General day to day direction from Group Leads. Direction from immediate supervisor as necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move no more than 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to distinguish colors, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, working both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
The employee occasionally works in high places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in some working environments may exceed 85dB
Apply by creating/using account