Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Description/Comment:MAX Bill - $ 55.00/ hr - 3-6 months CTH Salary - $75K / yr
US Government Client Postal Clearance Required
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Windows Software Application Packager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities. This position is part of the Northrop Grumman's ETS Contract with the United States Postal Service, bringing top of the line professional technologists to their teams.
The ideal candidate will join the team to support the US Government Client Retail Systems Operations group. This individual will have past web development and database experience to support the 46,000+ US Government Client Point of Service systems at 18,000+ sites nationwide. You will work independently with minimal supervision and maybe required to create time sensitive deliverables. There will be some on-call or non-standard hours for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for creating deployment packages for COTS and custom applications in an enterprise environment.
• Package applications and software updates utilizing tools such as SCCM, Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield and Wise Package Studio.
• Develop and follow procedures for testing applications prior to deployment.
• Document the customizations and changes made during the packaging process
• Participate in the preparation of materials and oral presentations for customers and management.
• Play a lead role in meetings relating to specific technical projects or tasks.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 2+ years of relevant experience. 4 years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Recent experience packaging applications and application updates using Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield, or Wise Installer/Packaging Studio.
• Experience with remotely administering and troubleshooting Windows PCs without the use of built-in Microsoft remote desktop tools
• A thorough understanding of how applications install on the Microsoft Windows platforms.
• Experience or knowledge of Power Shell 5.0 or higher
• Knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Registry and ability to query or modify settings.
• Knowledge of MS Windows server and desktop operating systems.
• Ability to develop and maintain accurate and comprehensive IT documentation.
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Minimum 2 years experience packaging applications and application updates using Flexera Admin Studio, Install Shield, or Wise Installer/Packaging Studio.
• Strong development experience, especially scripting and packaging.
• Experience working in a large enterprise environment and networks.
• Local to the Raleigh, NC area, this position does not provide relocation experience.
Apply by creating/using account