Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Description/Comment:MAX Bill - $ 49.00/ hr - 3-6 months CTH Salary - $70K / yr
US Government Client Postal Clearance required
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Computer Systems Analyst with VMWare vSphere , VMware VDI and LAN/SAN experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence working with Northrop Grumman supporting the United States Postal Service.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Deploy and maintain secure desktop images in the VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure in support of Development, Packaging and Testing teams
• Manage and maintain user profiles
• Manage and maintain VMware App Volumes managers, DB, App Stacks and writable volumes
• The selected individual will work independently with minimal supervision or as part of a team.
• May be required to create time sensitive deliverables.
• May lead project teams within assigned unit develop, plan and manage project tasks.
• Participate in the preparation of materials and oral presentations for customers and management. Play a lead role in meetings relating to specific technical projects or tasks.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Either: Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
• Knowledge of MS Windows desktop operating systems, including Windows 10 and MS Server 2012 & 2012 R2
• Knowledge of MS database server SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 or 2014
• Knowledge of VMware Horizon View, to include ongoing management
• Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure design and deployment
• Experience working with VMware App Volumes and how it pertains to virtual deployment
• Experience working with VMware App Volumes writable volumes
• Experience working with Windows User Profiles
• Knowledge of MS Active Directory, in support of deploying VMware Virtual Desktop Infrastructure with Least Privilege in Production domain
• Knowledge of local and wide area networks to include network operating systems, LAN protocols, LAN management, and LAN physical configuration
• Knowledge of storage area networks to include network operating systems, SAN protocols, SAN management, and SAN physical configuration.
• Experience with hardening and improving the security of Windows operating systems and hardware platforms, local area networks, wide area networks, messaging, and client-server applications.
• Experience developing and maintaining secure VMware virtual machine images.
• Experience developing, maintaining, and secure desktop and server images.
• Ability to develop and maintain IT documentation.
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in the last 5 years.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• VMware-related Certification
• VMware UEM experience
• VMware App Volumes experience
• Experience working in a large enterprise environment
• Current, active Position of Public Trust Designation.
• Working knowledge of US Government Client networks
• Knowledge of MS database server SQL Server 2008 R2
• Knowledge of VMware vSphere to include bare metal installs and ongoing management
• Knowledge of MS Windows server operating systems, including Server 2008 R2
• Knowledge of storage area networks to include network operating systems, SAN protocols, SAN management, and SAN physical configuration
Apply by creating/using account