Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Description/Comment:MAX Bill - $ 75.00/ hr - 3-6 months CTH Salary - $110K / yr
US Government Client Postal Clearance Required
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Northrop Grumman is seeking a SQL Server Database Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Raleigh, NC.
We are looking to bring on a resource to assist in the support administration of expertise wide MS SQL Server databases. This individual will perform in the role of database administrator to assist in the support administration of expertise wide MS SQL Server databases. Candidate must have experience managing 24x7 multiple, large databases and have senior level experience with troubleshooting, performance tuning, and backup/restoration. Candidate should be experienced at developing SQL scripts, data model, table, indexes, stored procedures, triggers, constraints, and backup and recovery as well as maintenance and development. Preferred candidates will have past experience with SPLUNK
NOTE: This is a weekend position. Sat / Sun 8am-8pm. Balance of work week will be worked on Thurs and Friday 8am-5pm. Some first shift M-F training will be required for first couple of weeks. Details of shift can be discussed at interview.
Roles and Responsibilities include but limited to:
• Coordinates and participates in activities associated with production SQL Servers
• Provides assistance in resolving problems with production SQL Server databases and tracking SQL Server problems with internal Microsoft customers.
• Use MS-SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) to automated processes to implement database changes.
• Create, maintain, backup/restore, tune databases for development, test, and production.
• Position may require on call / after hour support.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelors degree and 10 years of experience. Additional experience may be substituted for degree.
• Minimum 5+ years recent experience supporting SQL Server Production databases in an enterprise environment. Additional experience can be substituted for a degree.
• Proven background and strong experience of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
• Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server (2008 and 2012, 2014)
• Knowledge of MS Analysis Server.
• Ability to implement MS SQL Server solutions to build database systems that are high quality, scalable and high performance
• Ability to communicate implementation limitations and data driven solutions with all levels of the project team and management
• Must be familiar with backup/recovery strategies, distributed databases, data migration, security and SQL error handling
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server and Oracle
• Knowledge of indexes management, statistics, reporting, query tools, and practices
• Experience working with multiple instances of SQL are needed including 2008 R2/2012, 2014
• Knowledge and past exposure to SPLUNK
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
• Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• SQL Server Certifications – MCSE 2008, 2012, 2014
• Proven, past experience with SPLUK in a large environment.
• Application and Database Development
• Local to the Raleigh, NC area. This position does not have relocation assistance.
Apply by creating/using account