Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Description/Comment:Functional Tester - Max PL rate $56; EE conversion salary $78K
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Functional Tester to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Saint Louis, MO.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... The qualified applicants will become part of Northrop Grumman's Postal Services and Solutions group. This is a contract to provide US Government Client Information Technology with professional, technical and support services to support the application development, database production support, help desk administration, LAN administration and various requirements for distributed technical support throughout the US Government Client enterprise.
The quality tester will design, develop and configure test software/scripts to support automation of application functionality. This includes working with team members to define automation requirements, testing new automation enhancements, and maintaining automation code. The candidate will apply knowledge of technologies, applications, methodologies, processes and tools to support the project.
• Create test models for testing (plans, data and scripts) including the identification, collection and/or creation of test data
• Develop, update and maintain quality testing standards and procedures
• Assist in the planning, creation and control of the test environment(s)
• Facilitate and/or participate in structured walk-through and peer reviews
• Participate in the coordination and execution of release testing
• Determine and meet time estimates and schedules for testing efforts
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years of related work experience. Will also consider 11 or more years of work related experience in lieu of a degree.
• Experience with Client Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools such as Quality Center.
• Familiarity with different types of testing (system integration, regression, functional, unit, performance, etc.) and an ability to plan/execute accordingly
• Ability to develop test conditions and expected results based on the application requirements
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Software Development Lifecycle experience (Waterfall or Agile)
• Experience working with a Relational Database using SQL, Oracle
• Experience working with Unix server and command line entry
• Experience developing scripts with Advanced VBScript/Visual Basic
• Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Must be able to obtain a Postal Sensitive Clearance
• Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder) as per our contract requirements
• Must not have traveled outside of the US for a combined total of 6 months or longer within the past 5 years
• Must have resided in the US for at least the last 5 years
• Position is located in Saint Louis, MO and does not provide relocation assistance
Additional Preferred Skill Requirements:
• Experience developing automated tests with Client ALM and UFT
• Experience working with Version One
Apply by creating/using account