Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
1. Address all areas of Category management including Category business plans, global market and pricing analysis and procurement support.
2. Contribute to development of the company's strategic Category objectives and goals.
3. Develop global Category strategies with defined plans for cost savings, risk assessment and mitigation and service level agreements.
4. Lead in the development and execution of Category negotiation strategies with suppliers, including pecific targets for pricing, service, quality, intellectual property, tool ownership, exclusivity and inventory.
5. Monitor current Category market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges & opportunities.
6. Develop subject matter expertise in assigned commodities through external research, benchmarking and analyzing cost drivers and life cycle costs. Provide market intelligence and Category price trends. Develop deep understanding where our competition sources their components and materials, as well as determining the respective costs of same.
7. Recognized as the Center of Knowledge for respective Category areas, and shares this information with key stakeholders to enable more effective planning, forecasting and execution.
8. Develop and maintain should-cost models that are relevant to the global marketplace.
9. Utilize strategic sourcing process to manage assigned commodities and finished products for multiple locations of Victaulic and subsidiaries. Identify all stakeholders for each major category and form cross-functional team to define and implement strategy that reduces cost, improves quality and delivery performance and improves Victaulic's competitive position. Build case for significant change and develop consensus among key stakeholders.
10. Provide rigorous analysis of spend data and market trends and dynamics to prioritize and launch sourcing initiatives within designated spend/Category categories
11. Analyze current spend and evaluate current suppliers. Consolidate spend across multiple manufacturing locations to create leverage, analyze purchasing trends and develop sourcing alternatives. Identify new high potential suppliers on global basis.
12. Deliver 5% year over year net cost reductions for commodities and program that fall within assigned responsibility.
13. Manage respective supplier relationships and performance, including but not limited to dispute resolution
KPI's Or Metrics:
14. Develop key performance measures for chosen suppliers and negotiate on multiple variables to award longer-term strategic contracts that result in significant cost reduction and improved service levels.
15. Support new product introduction (NPI) programs as Program Manager by coordinating all sourcing and supplier qualification activities on a global basis.
16. Manage multiple projects, coordinate activities of team and track progress/schedules.
17. Monitor current Category market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges and opportunities.
18. Participate on special projects in Sourcing area as appropriate.
Qualifications: (Education, Experience, and Personal Attributes)
1. Bachelor degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management from an accredited college or university is required.
2. Minimum of 4 years of relevant, progressive Strategic Sourcing, Category Management or equivalent work experience and expertise.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of strategic sourcing process and tools and their application in restructuring purchases of a Global Supply Chain and Global Multi-plant manufacturing business.
4. Track record of delivering significant cost reduction and service level improvements.
5. Expertise in negotiation of long term contracts with safeguards against identified risks.
6. Ability to identify key performance measures and evaluate alternatives.
7. Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams attaining cross-functional consensus.
8. Excellent communication skills at all levels – clearly articulate position with clarity at all levels of the organization.
9. Ability to work with key stakeholders in multiple global locations and at various levels.
10. Strong analytical problem solving abilities through the use of contemporary tools and methods
11. Willing to travel up to 25%.
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
To the Global Sourcing Manager
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Must have Previous "Strategic " or "tactical " Sourcing experience. Negotiating contracts and dealing with a "Spend " of several million dollars. College Degree is needed.
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Negotiating for Global Contracts, Bi Lingual skills would be nice
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
We are a collaborative global team with partners in Asia, Europe and North America. 8 people on the Team in the US global HQ in Easton, PA. Victaulic is a privately owned Global Mfg Co. Financially sound and Debt free.
Apply by creating/using an account