Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The incumbent will work in the Systems Management (ITSSM) team, which is responsible for maintaining IT operational infrastructure and providing the following services to the organization: Server Systems administration (Linux, AIX, Solaris Windows, and Virtualization platforms), Disk Storage and SAN administration, Data Backup and Restore administration, Server Security administration, and operational and infrastructure components of business continuity. Many related activities like Capacity Planning, Performance Analysis, Software Distribution, Availability Monitoring, and others are also performed by this group.
Essential Job Functions:
• Install and maintain up- to-date Operational System software, patch levels, firmware, drivers, and related program products
• Configure and customize software in accordance with site requirements
• Suggest and promote System Changes in accordance with documented SOPs (Standard Operational Procedures)
• Provide continuous monitoring, troubleshooting, and first level maintenance of the various application servers, systems and associated peripherals, including adequate follow up on Problem Resolution tracking using the Remedy tool
• Engage in system capacity planning and monitoring and generate health and usage reports of systems
• Participate in "On Call” weekly shifts supporting off hours and weekend activity
• Review and monitor service indicators to meet the agreed upon service levels
• Interact with software and hardware maintenance providers in enforcing adequate levels of support to installed hardware and software
• Provide support to other technical staff in performing account management, disk space management, backups, baseline security administration, testing of system features, and other systems administration activities
• Produce and maintain appropriate documentation and charts describing hardware setups, diagrams, operational procedures, and overall inventory
• Produce weekly reports of activities and operational status of systems under his/her control
• Monitor and review use of systems for Bank access control policy violations in line with Bank's guidelines
• Ensure that the defined decommissioning and disposal procedures are followed for all hardware systems and media
• Report and respond to critical security events and take corrective measures per defined security incident management processes
• Follow and comply with the World Bank Group policies, processes, and procedures
• Participate in audits, as needed, producing necessary documentation, reports, and explanations, and implement corrective and preventive action plans approved by unit managers
Looking for a candidate who is a Chef Administrator / Programmer. The candidate must be strong in scripting preferably Powershell and Ruby. Candidate must also communicate well with clients. Linux and Windows Administration a plus.
When submitting candidates for the job requirement below, we ask that you adhere to the following submittal guidelines:
Do not submit marketing resumes.
Apply by creating/using account