Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock's AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company's website
You can work at one of the world's top FinTech companies. We sell our platform to over 100 of the top global corporations, handling over $20 trillion USD.
You can help build the software which manages the most money for the world's largest asset manager.
From the top of the firm down we embrace the values, identities and ideas brought by our employees.
We are a close-knit but global team of individuals who share a common goal of building the best and most innovative solutions to drive our business.
We believe in writing small testable code with a focus on incremental innovation. We are committed to open source and we regularly contribute our work back to the community.
We currently use, Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Tensor Flow, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, a whole host of languages and many other open source technologies.
We are looking for people with a strong background in writing excellent code, awesome problem solving skills and adding to BlackRock's vibrant tech culture.
If any of this excites you we are looking to expand our team. We currently have open roles across the data landscape. You could help us unlock data as a data engineer; you could be instrumental in building our data platform; or as a domain expert you could be one of our data specialists and help drive how our investors think about data.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
1. Travel arrangements for candidates' traveling with a BlackRock employee, as directed by BlackRock, must be booked through Blackrock.
2. BlackRock verifies the credentials and employment history of candidates offered employment. Therefore, the Search Firm agrees to notify all candidates that information presented on any application forms, resumes or during the interview process will be verified.
3. The Search Firm will advise each candidate that BlackRock expects him or her to honor his or her contractual obligations to any previous employer. The Search Firm will also advise the candidate to seek independent legal advice where the candidate has any question concerning the nature of the candidate's obligations or enforceability of any contract terms, such as provisions prohibiting solicitation of other employees of any previous employer, confidentiality and non-compete clauses. In the event that the Search Firm learns that a candidate is subject to restrictive covenants of the type referenced above that it reasonably believes may impact the candidate's ability to perform in an unrestricted manner in the position for which the search is engaged, the Search Firm will advise BlackRock of such restrictions.
4. Hiring Company verifies the credentials and employment history of Candidates offered employment. Therefore, the Search Firm agrees to notify all candidates that information presented on any application forms, resumes or during the interview process will be verified. Any false or misleading information, omissions or misrepresentations may be grounds for immediate discharge if the employment has commenced employment or revocation of the offer. Federal law also requires that employers hire only individuals who are authorized to be lawfully employed in the United States. In compliance with such laws Hiring Company will verify the employment authorization status of every individual offered employment with Hiring Company. Accordingly, all offers of employment are subject to the verification of the applicant's identity and employment authorization and it will be necessary for the candidates to submit such documentation as required by law to verify identification and employment authorization. All offers of employment are also conditional upon satisfactory completion of a background check conducted by an outside vendor which may include a criminal record search, drug testing and/or fingerprinting, as may be permissible under applicable law. The Search Firm agrees to inform all candidates of these requirements.
5. Limits on Candidates. In light of the importance of BlackRock's relationships with certain clients, BlackRock has determined that, employees of the following companies shall not be approached if they are at the Director or Managing Director level in their current position or if the search pertains to a Director or Managing Director level position at BlackRock: Ameriprise, Fidelity, Japan Post Bank, Lincoln Financial, Client, Pacific Life, Client, Prudential, Strategic Investment Group, Swiss Re, UniCredit and Zurich Insurance.
Apply by creating/using account