Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
You will be responsible for the overall management of the North American payroll department responsible for paying 8,500 US employees and 900 Canadian employees. Managing a team of six, this includes the effective end-to-end management of the production cycle for payroll, which includes Workday payroll and time tracking system for US and ADP for Canada. The successful candidate will have a passion for excellent customer service, a desire to achieve the "perfect payroll”, proven leadership/management skills, and deep experience with the PeopleSoft payroll system.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Directly and indirectly manage all day to day payroll production issues and problems.
• Maintain a support structure within the department to ensure employee inquiries are responded to and resolved within agreed-upon service levels.
• Identify areas of functional or system improvement and implementing procedures to generate department/processing efficiencies.
• Develop and implement metrics to ensure a high degree of accuracy and customer service are achieved and maintained.
• Monitor and make recommendations for improving, and scaling production operation activities to ensure efficient, high quality and timely processing for our employees.
• Develop and implement the appropriate payroll operations policies and controls as well as ensure all internal controls and processes are in compliance with NCR policies, and state and federal regulation.
• Develop and manage the department staff to perform the bi-weekly payroll production with minimal errors and maximum efficiency.
• Work closely with the IT organization to prioritize and implement system enhancements and break/fixes
• Provide guidance for acquisition integrations and other medium/large scale projects.
• Develop payroll staff so they are capable of providing most of the problem solving capabilities for their areas of expertise with minimal support from the Payroll Operations Manager.
• Create, review and distribute various payroll reports to support financial projections, audits, or compliance issues.
• Manage the operations of NCR's payroll and time tracking systems.
• Manage the maintenance/updates of the payroll and time tracking systems
• Manage the ad-hoc (non-complex) reporting function using Workday reporting tools to meet the requirements of company management and staff.
• Apply quality improvement techniques to create environment of continuous quality improvement.
• Measure employee satisfaction, conduct root cause analysis for performance issues and implement solutions.
• College degree required.
• CPP preferred.
• Minimum of 5 – 7 years managerial experience in a large, complex multi-state payroll environment, utilizing payroll systems, Workday & ADP preferred
• Proven leadership/management skills
• Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Leads and directs the work of others.
• A passion for excellent customer service and a desire to achieve the "perfect payroll”.
• Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills, strong focus and attention to detail.
• Must have excellent organizational & time management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Ability to speak fluent Spanish is a plus
Visit our careers site for a list of the benefits offered in your region in addition to a competitive base salary and strong work/family programs.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
More Information About the Job
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
Who does this position report to?
to Hiring Manager, Finance Sr Director
Apply by creating/using an account