Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Description: SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
This work is part of the start-up phase of overlapping information system projects.
• Identify and map existing data / information systems
• Create data schema of existing databases in Database Design software; e.g., Datanamic, ER/Studio, MySQL Workbench, etc.
o Legacy: Sybase, Access, Excel, MySQL
o Developing: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Neo4j, MySQL
• Develop new DB Schema and physical DB for new Information Systems
• Initial focus will be to translate, enhance and migrate existing schema and data to a new DB. This will be followed by additional enhancement to capture aspects of the legacy system that are not present. This phase may entail creating &/or translating conceptual and logical models to the physical model.
• Generate appropriate documentation for the enterprise data architecture, including glossary definitions suitable for business level consumption
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with team to
• Document existing Database(s)
• Document, cull, and generate schema from current database(s) using SQL and DB tool(s)
o Clean and validate data
o Generate anomaly reports for others to act upon
• Analyze, design and document updated DB schema with industry standard features and create a map from current to new DB
• Design, implement and test migration from current DB to the new DB; scheduled migration update
• Assist other DB staff with similar duties
• Document tasks and provide up-to-date status through the project collaboration tools
• Assist and develop SQL views for forms and reports
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Accounting & Financial knowledge & experience in connection with DB and application development
• Database experience (5 years min.) of at least two (2) databases
o Sybase or MS SQL Server
• Database tools, at least one of the following (1-year min.)
o MySQL Workbench
o or equivalent
• Experience implementing up-to-date industry standard procedures and schemas for the majority of the following:
o Naming conventions
o Revising DB schemas for consistent use of terminology, naming, etc.
o Update history
o HIPAA compliance
o Security and access control
o Data exchange protocols
o Cross platform integration
• Strong knowledge and use of SQL; multi table JOINS, functions, procedures, triggers, etc.
• Experience creating SQL views for the foundation of reports and forms; anticipate needs of coders/programmers
• Excellent listening and communication (written & verbal) skills; ability to discuss and present information logically and concisely
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Willing to share knowledge & experience with others
• Flexible problem solver; use of previous knowledge & experience, yet open to alternative methods when made available
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Additional Database tools experience; e.g.
o Datanamic tool Suite
o ER/Studio, ErWin, etc.
• Experience with Data Governance and related documentation requirements
• Database experience
o MS Access
o MongoDB (document DB, nice bonus)
o Neo4j (Graph DB, nice bonus)
• Experience with Platforms as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS)
o Data transfers, APIs, etc.
o Data integration across systems
• Knowledge of container technology
• Survey application DB schema with update history capacity
• Experience with disconnected (store & forward) database applications
Bachelor of Science; BA may be considered
Master of Science or PhD
NOTE: Remote work based upon the candidate's knowledge, skills, and abilities. Resource will be expecting to work onsite. Once onsite the remote piece will be accessed. However, could be 4 days a week remote with one day a week onsite. This is to be determined.
Attached Document 1:
Statement of Work (SOW) for Contingent Labor Request
Apply by creating/using account